Contribute
Register

erik's "Tiny But Mighty" HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, I've made a USBports.kext
and got broadcom BT card working

BUT...

Couple USB ports just above second HDMI are still usb2

When I boot into exclude_hs, they are USB3, named SS07 and SS08 and have a port (0x17 and 0x18). But on regular boot without USBInjectAll kext, they are HS11 and HS12 (ports 0x0B and 0x0C).

Any ideas?
Have you go through the Hackintool and actually denoted the "type" as USB3? and the broadcom one you will need to denote the "type" as Internal.

OK, I've made a USBports.kext
and got broadcom BT card working

BUT...

Couple USB ports just above second HDMI are still usb2

When I boot into exclude_hs, they are USB3, named SS07 and SS08 and have a port (0x17 and 0x18). But on regular boot without USBInjectAll kext, they are HS11 and HS12 (ports 0x0B and 0x0C).

Any ideas?
You may have passed the 15 port limit (correct me if I'm wrong: but the patch for the 15 port limit doesn't work in Mojave)
Remember that one USB3 port is actually two ports (a USB2 and USB3)
Unfortunately that means you have to choose what ports you want, and what ports you can live without (I made the ports closest to me both USB2 and USB3, whilst the ports that I don't use common as USB2, so that it works with both USB2 and USB3)

You may have passed the 15 port limit (correct me if I'm wrong: but the patch for the 15 port limit doesn't work in Mojave)
Remember that one USB3 port is actually two ports (a USB2 and USB3)
Unfortunately that means you have to choose what ports you want, and what ports you can live without (I made the ports closest to me both USB2 and USB3, whilst the ports that I don't use common as USB2, so that it works with both USB2 and USB3)
looks like I'm

8 back USB 2
2 front USB 2
4 USB 3
1 BT

Attachments

• 18188DC8-1187-4428-BC00-C2732C46F222.jpeg
    18188DC8-1187-4428-BC00-C2732C46F222.jpeg
    783.7 KB · Views: 200
Last edited:
looks like I'm

8 back USB 2
2 front USB 2
4 USB 3
1 BT
Yeah, you have yourself setup for about 18 USB ports there. So, any of the Blue ports on the back are actually USB 3.0. The only ones that are actually 2.0 are the two above the legacy PS/2 port on the far left.

As for me. I have everything working and stable except for graphics acceleration. For the love of #$%@, I cannot get graphics acceleration to work.

As for me. I have everything working and stable except for graphics acceleration. For the love of #$%@, I cannot get graphics acceleration to work.
I had SO much trouble with graphics acceleration.
Try using ig-platform-id 0x3E920000 (I used this with HDMI) and 0x3E9B0007 (I'm using rn with DP).
I think I attached my EFI recently in the thread, you could try using my graphics settings in it.
Good luck!

I had SO much trouble with graphics acceleration.
Try using ig-platform-id 0x3E920000 (I used this with HDMI) and 0x3E9B0007 (I'm using rn with DP).
I think I attached my EFI recently in the thread, you could try using my graphics settings in it.
Good luck!

So are you using any other injections than that? I have placed that information previously in clover settings, added the device information to Properties and then added the platform and device IDs in graphics but still had not acceleration.

So are you using any other injections than that? I have placed that information previously in clover settings, added the device information to Properties and then added the platform and device IDs in graphics but still had not acceleration.

I am using other injections inside of my config.plist, however it's all a jumbled mess, and I'm not sure which injections are actually making the graphics work. Try these out, however:
Boot>Arguments>-disablegfxfirmware
(NOTHING IN DEVICES>FAKE ID>INTELGFX)
Devices>Add Properties> Device: IntelGFX; Disabled: NO; Key: APPL,GfxYTile; Value: 0AAAAA00
Graphics>Inject Intel

and that's all I can find in my config. I do not believe that I have any external injections.

I have attached my EFI. If you have a backup ready you could maybe try booting with it, however I think it's best to look at the settings and see if you can make something work.

Good luck!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    41.7 MB · Views: 214
@mizznfizz,
Since we're not telepathic, we need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

@mizznfizz,
Since we're not telepathic, we need to know your system components. See the tonymacx86 Forum Rules & Policies on signature block components.

Additionally, please provide complete details in your Profile.

Mobo: motherboard manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model (e.g., i7-4770K)
Graphics: Video card manufacturer/model and/or Intel Integrated Graphics version (e.g., HD4600)

See my Profile items to the left of my post, under my name.

By completing your Profile and signature block, you help us help you better. :thumbup:

Sorry hadn't been getting much traction on this thread up until about this week so had somewhat given up on forum responses.
Setup is pretty much exact same as Eriks
ASRock Z370m-itx
i5 8400
UHD 630 integrated graphics
swapped over to Broadcom 2z chip for WiFi/BT

However, I was able to get everything but the integrated graphics working up until last night. On the other major forum another user posted he was able to get my almost exact same setup working with a users clover folder from here. Grabbed that this morning and dropped the clover folder in and bam everything is working now. Looks like my biggest mistake was that when I was attempting to do the framebuffer patching I was only adding the minimum stuff in for the ig-platform-id and device id (meaning the framebuffer patch enable stuff) and the one I am now using has all the pipe information and everything for both the ig-platform as well as the device-id.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back