Contribute
Register

erik's "Tiny But Mighty" HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there, the USB/SSDT stuff looks scary. Would USBInjectAll work ok on this board?
I thought the exact same thing when I read the article!
Take the time to read it carefully, it's not that bad.
In short, basically use ioregistryexplorer (link in that thread) and start plugging in USB 2s and USB 3s in all the ports possible (NOTE: if you're on Mojave, you may need to do it some at a time, this guide will do better for Mojave: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v1-7-7.254559/), then deleting text from a document that is also attached, then finally exporting it and placing it in a folder.
Don't take that advice, that's just a summary of what you have to do.

USBInjectAll on its own isn't the best solution, as it may cause problems that I don't completely understand.
Good luck!

Only partially works. You will need to go through Rehabmans guide on reassigning all your USB ports. Pretty easy actually.

Guys, I need your help. A month ago I received all the components for my build. They are totally the same as Eric has. I tried to install different versions of MacOS using EFIs from this topic, Unibeast and other resources, but had no luck( Installation is done smoothly, however, I cannot boot in the OS. My log is on the screenshot. I tried the latest High Sierra and Mojave. Could you help me at least boot in the OS. Later, I will play with ports, igpu etc. I've spent too much time on this build.
I now trying to go deeply into Clover, but it is too complicated for now. Maybe you will have some recommendations?

Attachments

• 20190121_144919.jpg
    20190121_144919.jpg
    5.2 MB · Views: 68
I thought the exact same thing when I read the article!
Take the time to read it carefully, it's not that bad.
In short, basically use ioregistryexplorer (link in that thread) and start plugging in USB 2s and USB 3s in all the ports possible (NOTE: if you're on Mojave, you may need to do it some at a time, this guide will do better for Mojave: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/release-hackintool-v1-7-7.254559/), then deleting text from a document that is also attached, then finally exporting it and placing it in a folder.
Don't take that advice, that's just a summary of what you have to do.

USBInjectAll on its own isn't the best solution, as it may cause problems that I don't completely understand.
Good luck!

Thanks man. Well I got the stuff and built the box today. Running well under windows. I swear the hospital should open a clinic for pc case cuts.

Guys, I need your help. A month ago I received all the components for my build. They are totally the same as Eric has. I tried to install different versions of MacOS using EFIs from this topic, Unibeast and other resources, but had no luck( Installation is done smoothly, however, I cannot boot in the OS. My log is on the screenshot. I tried the latest High Sierra and Mojave. Could you help me at least boot in the OS. Later, I will play with ports, igpu etc. I've spent too much time on this build.
I now trying to go deeply into Clover, but it is too complicated for now. Maybe you will have some recommendations?
If you don't have any important files, start from scratch.
I generally use a Windows Installation USB to diskpart clean the disk before retrying the installation.

Start with UniBeast, and create an installation USB. Then check your BIOS settings, and use the USB to install (use a USB2 port!) Don't worry about using any EFI folders right now, just use the one that UniBeast provides. Make sure to boot from the USB drive for the first few boots (booting directly into macOS is not an option).
If you do finally manage to get inside, use Multibeast to create an EFI partition for booting up directly through the drive.

That was really generic, but try resetting and retrying, and tell us what happens.

ladies and gentlemens
I've managed to work totally same as OP's build on 10.13.6, 10.14.2 and 10.14.3
all you need is UniBeast, MultiBeast, and WiFi-card if you aren't pleased with Ethernet.

UEFI/BIOS (mine is v3.20) can be restored to default with only one exception: "XHCI hand-off", if stay untouched you can't boot UniBeast USB drive.

What aren't perfect for now?
All USB ports are 2.0 speed (therefore no internal BT even with Broadcom card).
No multi-monitors (full accelerated graphics of course).
No HDMI sound, only jack's.
No second Ethernet port.

Not quite sure, but as I understand some of these are impossible to complete, isn't it?

Last edited:
From the reading I have been doing it seems like lots of people have issues with getting a second ethernet port working, so that is probably not limited to just this board.

For the USB, go through the Hackintool USB port clean-up item that I believe Rehabman created.

From the reading I have been doing it seems like lots of people have issues with getting a second ethernet port working, so that is probably not limited to just this board.

For the USB, go through the Hackintool USB port clean-up item that I believe Rehabman created.
I've heard of hackintool, but does someone have done patches already? maybe we can create a gold set for some board

actually I do worry much more about multimonitors and 4k

I am currently working on it right now... The hackintool will output a USBports.kext file that will be used to replace USBInjectAll.kext once you are done. A bit lengthy to go through but fairly easy.

OK, I've made a USBports.kext
and got broadcom BT card working

BUT...

Couple USB ports just above second HDMI are still usb2

When I boot into exclude_hs, they are USB3, named SS07 and SS08 and have a port (0x17 and 0x18). But on regular boot without USBInjectAll kext, they are HS11 and HS12 (ports 0x0B and 0x0C).

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back