Contribute
Register

erik's "Tiny But Mighty" HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
@AppleiPad556
  • Got Audio working, just removed all Audio related Kext Patches from your config.
  • I also swapped the Wifi/ BT card to a BroadCom BCM94360CS2. As I said, Wifi worked out of the box, but no BT.
@Connie Mac
As far as I can see the port limit is increased with this patch, correct (I am totally new in the Hackintosh-Forum business, still figuring all out)?
upload_2018-12-27_11-43-46.png

With appleiPad556 config my BT does not work. So I will go back to re-configure BT by using this guide.

@AppleiPad556: you where right, I installed the 2 Bluetooth injection Kext from here and, BT is working.

As I am new to the whole Hackintosh thing may I ask a question: Why do we have to install the 2 kext direkt into /System/Library/Extensions instead via /efi/efi/clover/kexts/other in this case?

...@Connie Mac
As far as I can see the port limit is increased with this patch, correct (I am totally new in the Hackintosh-Forum business, still figuring all out)?
View attachment 375238
My port limit patch is slightly different than yours. Do you have a reference for that patch. TIA.

I found this patch for the Mojave port limit on various sources, eg here. I have not yet completed the other method.

Thanks, @Snowpro. I missed that update and have now incorporated it in my 10.14.2 Update thread Post #2.

OK, back to Mojave but now I have the font pixelation issue. I have tried changing smoothing in System Preferences > General and these two commands, but neither solves the problem.

defaults write -g CGFontRenderingFontSmoothingDisabled -bool NO
defaults -currentHost write -globalDomain AppleFontSmoothing

Any ideas how to get UHD630 font smoothing on a non-Retina display?

Updated to Mojave 10.14.2., so far I can see all is working.

Hm, as far as I can see no difference to Mojave 10.14.1. How are the fonts appearing on your machine? How does the font pixelation look like?

Besides my first very well impression I encountered now on Mojave 10.14. problems with WIFI and Bluetooth:
  • Wifi sometimes is getting slow and sometimes even if shows connected it isnt. Then I have to de- and activate Wifi in OSX and it will re-connect.
  • Bluetooth sound is stuttering/ glitching (on my last test in Mojave 10.14.1 I did not encounter these issues).
Does anyone has an idea how to troubleshoot this issue?

Attached are screen shots comparing my hackintosh with Philips display and my MacBook Pro with its Retina display. Clearly some aliasing issues with the fonts on the hackintosh with a non-Retina display.

Attachments

• Mojave fonts.png
    Mojave fonts.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 99
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back