Contribute
Register

erik's "Tiny But Mighty" HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there!

Odd... this is almost the exact EFI that I use (the SMBIOS is missing so maybe that's the case?).
Your original problem was the graphics, right? Using Internal UHD Graphics 630? If you're looking for HD Graphics 630 I'm not sure, but for Coffee Lake UHD Graphics 630 graphics the ig-platform-id 0x3E920000 is the native Coffee Lake graphics.

Sound requires a few fixes...if you have your original EFI folder try using my kexts and drivers64UEFI, setting the ig-platform-id to 0x3E920000, and report back?
Do you have working sound?

Actually, my graphics are perfect. So is WIFI and Bluetooth. I just can't get sound, so if you have yours running, please tell me how.
I'm thinking that your graphics glitches would be fixed by choosing iMac 18,1.
thx

Actually, my graphics are perfect. So is WIFI and Bluetooth. I just can't get sound, so if you have yours running, please tell me how.
I'm thinking that your graphics glitches would be fixed by choosing iMac 18,1.
thx
Hi there,

Oh I see, my bad. I thought you were asking about graphics.

Yes, using iMac18,1 works best for the graphical glitches, and you technically don't need the ig-platform-id if you have WhateverGreen installed already (I leave the id there just in case). I removed the SMBIOS for the sake of security; I have it on my actual Hackintosh.

As for sound...hm... are you injecting 1 in the Devices>Audio>Inject? Have you tried updating your AppleALC, CodecCommander, WhateverGreen, and Lilu to the latest versions?
Those also need to be placed inside /Library/Extensions.
Have you tried checking/unchecking ResetHDA?
Have you checked Settings>Sound>Output, and chose Internal Speakers?

You mentioned you're on Mojave 10.14.2, right? If so, then I'm unsure what to do, as I'm still on 10.14.1 (now I'm afraid to upgrade)

I'm still very new to the Hackintosh world, so if someone with a higher level of expertise can help out, that'll be great.
If you don't have many important files on your Hackintosh usually a clean reinstall fixes everything. I remember stuck with audio being a bummer, and then I clean reinstalled and everything was working again.

Hope everything works out!

Hi there,

Oh I see, my bad. I thought you were asking about graphics.

Yes, using iMac18,1 works best for the graphical glitches, and you technically don't need the ig-platform-id if you have WhateverGreen installed already (I leave the id there just in case). I removed the SMBIOS for the sake of security; I have it on my actual Hackintosh.

As for sound...hm... are you injecting 1 in the Devices>Audio>Inject? Have you tried updating your AppleALC, CodecCommander, WhateverGreen, and Lilu to the latest versions?
Those also need to be placed inside /Library/Extensions.
Have you tried checking/unchecking ResetHDA?
Have you checked Settings>Sound>Output, and chose Internal Speakers?

You mentioned you're on Mojave 10.14.2, right? If so, then I'm unsure what to do, as I'm still on 10.14.1 (now I'm afraid to upgrade)

I'm still very new to the Hackintosh world, so if someone with a higher level of expertise can help out, that'll be great.
If you don't have many important files on your Hackintosh usually a clean reinstall fixes everything. I remember stuck with audio being a bummer, and then I clean reinstalled and everything was working again.

Hope everything works out!

SUCCESS!!
I finally gave up on my SSDs with various versions of EFIs and went back to a working disk with 10.13.6 with working sound. After upgrading to 10.14 and then to 10.14.2 I still had sound (and WIFI and Bluetooth) and everything seems to work perfectly!
I can't believe the amount of time I spent on this.

I had a working 10.13.4 running a discrete Nvidia card, but decided I was tired of waiting for new drivers, so I pulled to board. That's when my troubles started...

But it's all good now. Thanks for your advice.

SUCCESS!!
I finally gave up on my SSDs with various versions of EFIs and went back to a working disk with 10.13.6 with working sound. After upgrading to 10.14 and then to 10.14.2 I still had sound (and WIFI and Bluetooth) and everything seems to work perfectly!
I can't believe the amount of time I spent on this.

I had a working 10.13.4 running a discrete Nvidia card, but decided I was tired of waiting for new drivers, so I pulled to board. That's when my troubles started...

But it's all good now. Thanks for your advice.
Great to hear it's working!

In the future you can probably use SuperDuper! or CCC to clone your drive onto the SSD.

Great to hear it's working!

In the future you can probably use SuperDuper! or CCC to clone your drive onto the SSD.

Well I thought everything was good, but somewhere along the line I lost the ability to go to sleep. I'm wondering if it's related to my BIOS settings, but I've NEVER seen anyone post their BIOS settings here. Any chance you would be willing to do so, assuming you get sleep? TIA.

Also, could anyone who has working sleep under OS 10.14.2 please post your BIOS settings?
Thanks

Hey, I had not access to my Hackintosh for a month so my build stalled. Still having those graphical glitches problems, so I’m considering a complete clean install.
How should I go AppleiPad556? Do you recommand installing 10.13 and then updating to 10.14 or just go with 10.14 from the start (which is what I had done the first time).

Well I thought everything was good, but somewhere along the line I lost the ability to go to sleep. I'm wondering if it's related to my BIOS settings, but I've NEVER seen anyone post their BIOS settings here. Any chance you would be willing to do so, assuming you get sleep? TIA.

Also, could anyone who has working sleep under OS 10.14.2 please post your BIOS settings?
Thanks
I'm pretty sure we all have suggested settings. But here are some snippets of my BIOS settings:

Advanced-->CPU Configuration

Package C State Support (DISABLED)
CFG Lock (DISABLED)
Intel Virtualization Technology (ENABLED)
Software Guard Extensions (SGX) (DISABLED)

Advanced-->Chipset Configuration
VT-d (DISABLED)
(everything in the next section (PCI Express Native Control, PCIE ASPM Support, etc.) are all disabled)
Share Memory (AUTO)
IGPU Multi-Monitor (I don't have an eGPU so DISABLED)
Deep Sleep (DISABLED)
Restore on AC/Power Loss (Power Off)

Security
Intel Platform Trust Technology (DISABLED)
Security-->Secure Boot
Secure Boot (DISABLED)

If you haven't already, although it may no longer be necessary, try using the ssdtPRGen aml file again. I used it and it works fine, compared to when I only had ACPI/SSDT/Generate/Plugin-Type=True and -xcpm ticked on.
Here's the link: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-generate-ssdt-for-coffee-lake-cpu.238311/

Hey, I had not access to my Hackintosh for a month so my build stalled. Still having those graphical glitches problems, so I’m considering a complete clean install.
How should I go AppleiPad556? Do you recommand installing 10.13 and then updating to 10.14 or just go with 10.14 from the start (which is what I had done the first time).
I remember clean installing as well... I don't exactly remember what happened with my installation (it took some trial and error), but I do remember that I started with cleaning the disk using diskpart through Windows, and deleting broken residues of the EFI partitions using EasyUEFI (just in case, it's not super important; I'm just afraid that the residual entries in my boot menu will cause problems (which it shouldn't)). Then I remember trying to go from 10.13 to 10.14, but my EFI folders weren't the best match for either version, so in the end I updated directly to Mojave 10.14. I then installed Clover, making sure a few settings are enabled (somewhere in this thread someone went through the process of which extra bundles to add on during installation), and then putting back kexts and my config.plist into the EFI folder.
It's unfortunately a game of trial and error. Gather some time, and try different variants with your config and process of installation.

Good luck to both of you!

I lost sleep when I upgraded to 10.13.6, which is where I'm also stuck. My 10.14 update and clean installs failed to complete, so I am not able to get to Mojave. Any chance you could post your EFI folder?

I lost sleep when I upgraded to 10.13.6, which is where I'm also stuck. My 10.14 update and clean installs failed to complete, so I am not able to get to Mojave. Any chance you could post your EFI folder?
Try this and let me know your results. I have removed my board ser. ID, ser#, and SMUUID#.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.4 MB · Views: 80
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back