Contribute
Register

erik's "Tiny But Mighty" HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
erik's "Tiny But Mighty" High Sierra Coffee Lake Build:
i5-8400- Asrock Z370m-ITX/AC - Intel UHD 630 - 16GB RAM​
What a great built. I would love to do a similar Hackintosh. Would newer components work as well?
Samsung 970 EVO with Intel Core i7-8700K?

What a great built. I would love to do a similar Hackintosh. Would newer components work as well?
Samsung 970 EVO with Intel Core i7-8700K?
Should work, there would just be slight variants in setting up the build.
Good luck!

The 970 works fine (although the 960 is better reviewed hence why it costs more)

Managed to get Displayport output again after the last HS and now Mojave seemed to kill it. The working SMbios 18.1 for some reason killed DP output in those updates. 18.2 and .3 DP worked but as expected graphics glitches. Then tried 14.1 as recommended and got no output. So tested 17.1 and DP is back and at 100hz so thats all good

Updated to 10.14.1, prepped by ensuring apfs.efi was latest version (the included one in op is obviously out of date for mojave but fine for hs)

Instal went fine at first. Then following recommendation (wether right or not i dont know lol) was to remove apfs.efi and install apfsdriver-64efi, partitionDxe-64efi. Also swapped out osxaptiofix for aptiomemoryfix-64.efi

System reboots fine havent tested what that may have caused but hell i love to did a whole just so i have somethinbg to fix and learn lol

Although the only thing that went odd was this

Upon cold start, the system when selecting osx in clover would immediately reboot, it would do this twice then boot fine. However if i set verbose boot flag it boots first time everytime lol.

But its stable as a rock so im not too fussed, will look at redoing usb and framebuffer next so i can learn that

Although the only thing that went odd was this

Upon cold start, the system when selecting osx in clover would immediately reboot, it would do this twice then boot fine. However if i set verbose boot flag it boots first time everytime lol.

Happened to me too! I ended up entirely cleaning up my disk, reinstalling macOS Mojave and Clover for it to stop doing that, though I think just reinstalling Clover may fix the problem (it may be a clash in versions? I'm not sure)

Does anyone have an EFI to share for 10.14.2 using internal 630 graphics? tia!
Try using the ig-platform-id 0x3E920000. That's what I'm using on Mojave and it works fine (and it's the one directly extracted from real Macs too)
You can try using my EFI folder earlier (maybe a page?) in the forum. It works for 10.14.1
If you've tried that already can you let us know? I didn't even realize that 10.14.2 is out already...

Try using the ig-platform-id 0x3E920000. That's what I'm using on Mojave and it works fine (and it's the one directly extracted from real Macs too)
You can try using my EFI folder earlier (maybe a page?) in the forum. It works for 10.14.1
If you've tried that already can you let us know? I didn't even realize that 10.14.2 is out already...
Thanks, but it doesn't seem to have any data....could you please try again? Thanks!

Thanks, but it doesn't seem to have any data....could you please try again? Thanks!

Yeah that's weird, someone else ran into some problems with the compressed EFI file. I'll upload it again here.
Sorry, my EFI folder may be a bit messy. I removed the ACPI .aml files, and removed my SMBIOS. If you can, maybe look through it first and ensure everything that is needed is in yours, and then use it as your own EFI.

If you haven't tried manually adding in the ig-platform-id as 0x3E920000, I suggest you to do that, it may work better.

Cheers!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 86
Yeah that's weird, someone else ran into some problems with the compressed EFI file. I'll upload it again here.
Sorry, my EFI folder may be a bit messy. I removed the ACPI .aml files, and removed my SMBIOS. If you can, maybe look through it first and ensure everything that is needed is in yours, and then use it as your own EFI.

If you haven't tried manually adding in the ig-platform-id as 0x3E920000, I suggest you to do that, it may work better.

Cheers!
Hey..Thanks for the file. This one works.

However, I'm confused. Do you actually use this EFI as it is? When I do, I get crazy flashing of the screen that won't stop. And to make matters worse, I don't even get sound, which is what I was hoping to get. Maybe it's my computer, but could you try it as it is and let me know what happens?

Also, what is the purpose of ig-platform-id as 0x3E920000?
Thanks.

Hey..Thanks for the file. This one works.

However, I'm confused. Do you actually use this EFI as it is? When I do, I get crazy flashing of the screen that won't stop. And to make matters worse, I don't even get sound, which is what I was hoping to get. Maybe it's my computer, but could you try it as it is and let me know what happens?

Also, what is the purpose of ig-platform-id as 0x3E920000?
Thanks.
Hi there!

Odd... this is almost the exact EFI that I use (the SMBIOS is missing so maybe that's the case?).
Your original problem was the graphics, right? Using Internal UHD Graphics 630? If you're looking for HD Graphics 630 I'm not sure, but for Coffee Lake UHD Graphics 630 graphics the ig-platform-id 0x3E920000 is the native Coffee Lake graphics.

Sound requires a few fixes...if you have your original EFI folder try using my kexts and drivers64UEFI, setting the ig-platform-id to 0x3E920000, and report back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back