Contribute
Register

erik's "Tiny But Mighty" HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, the Displayport works now! :) Unfortunately I can still only choose non-HiDPI 1440p in the display preferences menu. See the attached screenshot ('niedrige Auflösung' means 'low resolution'). Any idea how I can get the 4k Resolution scaled with factor (2/3) to get a scaled HiDPI 1440p resolution? I already googled a bit and tried this tutorial without success.

This took me a while to figure out too. I tried a bunch of different things from SwitchXRes to adding a custom HiDPI resolution, but couldn't get it to work. I finally got it working by changing the ig-platform-id to 0x591B0000 in Clover -> Graphics. That unlocked a few more HiDPI resolutions for me, including 1440. I also had to change my SMBIOS to iMac18,1 because the display would constantly flicker.

Hello, i want to configure an htpc with i5 8400 and a internal-extern 120W PSU, you can think is enough power for processor? Thanks.

P.S. Excellent idea to mount the casing behind the monitor.

Thanks!

The gaming itx board costs $50 more and I do not need its features.

Looks like a good board though if you want what it has to offer!
Nice build. I bought the ASRock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac with the thunderbolt. Replaced the Wifi and everything is working great on macOS 10.13.2. Upgraded to 10.13.5 and the USB gives me trouble' Can read 8GB or smaller USB stick but can not read anything larger. Have any ideas. Thanks

Does Thunderbolt on the Fatality Z370 Gaming ITX work correctly?

Hi,
Great Build!
This may be a little silly, but how to use the files uploaded? This is the first time I am foraying into Hackintoshes..

Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi,
Great Build!
This may be a little silly, but how to use the files uploaded? This is the first time I am foraying into Hackintoshes..!

You'll need to follow the instructions in the first post. Be sure to download the current version of Clover Configurator to mount the EFI partition to put the files in their proper places. The downloaded zip file has the directory structure already build-in.

You'll need to follow the instructions in the first post. Be sure to download the current version of Clover Configurator to mount the EFI partition to put the files in their proper places. The downloaded zip file has the directory structure already build-in.
Thank you so much, Connie Mac!

1. Install the USBInjectALL kext to /L/E using KextBeast
2. Replace you entire EFI with the one attached.
3. Reboot and go into your BIOS.
4. Reset BIOS to defaults and see if it boots.

Good luck!

I'm having lot of USB issues and I suspect this is also the source of my Magic Mouse stuttering with my Lenovo Broadcom wifi/BT card. By I have USBInjectAll installed but the problem persists. Do you think your EFI folder will resolve this? TIA.

I'm having lot of USB issues and I suspect this is also the source of my Magic Mouse stuttering with my Lenovo Broadcom wifi/BT card. By I have USBInjectAll installed but the problem persists. Do you think your EFI folder will resolve this? TIA.

I'm currently using an Apple Wifi/BT combo card so I have never had any issues with that. As for USB, I had to make sure that use a Patched SSDT (attached)

I will also attach my USBInjectAll kext

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    766 bytes · Views: 137
  • ssdt.aml
    2.1 KB · Views: 147
  • USBInjectAll.kext
    0 bytes · Views: 142
Thanks very much. Unfortunately, BT is still lagging. I have a Broadcom BCM94352Z that is supposed to be 100% compatible with Apple's driver. Pretty frustrating. Any other suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back