Contribute
Register

erik's "Tiny But Mighty" HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please fill in your profile details.

Also, erik did use the ASRock Z370m-ITX/AC motherboard.

Done. Has anyone an idea what I could try to get the Displayport working?

Done. Has anyone an idea what I could try to get the Displayport working?
Please attach your current EFI folder. Also, please include a screenshot of your /Library/Extensions/ folder (not your /System/Library/Extensions folder.

Please attach your current EFI folder. Also, please include a screenshot of your /Library/Extensions/ folder (not your /System/Library/Extensions folder.

Really appreciate your help! :)

Edit: The attached EFI folder is the one from the efi partition, not that one visible on the screenshot inside /Library/.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-21 um 16.21.56.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-21 um 16.21.56.png
    444.6 KB · Views: 188
  • EFI.zip
    28 MB · Views: 113
1. Install the USBInjectALL kext to /L/E using KextBeast
2. Replace you entire EFI with the one attached.
3. Reboot and go into your BIOS.
4. Reset BIOS to defaults and see if it boots.

Good luck!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    28.1 MB · Views: 146
1. Install the USBInjectALL kext to /L/E using KextBeast
2. Replace you entire EFI with the one attached.
3. Reboot and go into your BIOS.
4. Reset BIOS to defaults and see if it boots.

Good luck!

Thank you, the Displayport works now! :) Unfortunately I can still only choose non-HiDPI 1440p in the display preferences menu. See the attached screenshot ('niedrige Auflösung' means 'low resolution'). Any idea how I can get the 4k Resolution scaled with factor (2/3) to get a scaled HiDPI 1440p resolution? I already googled a bit and tried this tutorial without success.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-21 um 17.38.16.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2018-04-21 um 17.38.16.png
    478.4 KB · Views: 305
Hello everybody. I'm using an Apollo 8 Quad with a 2012 Mac Mini 6,2 and I'm seriously looking at the ASRock Z370 Gaming ITX/AC for my first build. However I'd like to put in a i7 8700K and a dedicated graphics card and 32 GB RAM for a Pro Tools 2018 setup. I would put in the Seasonic SSR-600TL (fanless psu) and the whole thing into a full-size case for airflow. I would be using internal SATA SSDs. Does this sound reasonable? Like many UAD users, I'm backed into a Thunderbolt corner. Advice?

Hello, haven't read the whole thread, I hope it hasn't been asked before. I am looking to build an almost identical setup - and what keeps me behind is the 160w picoPSU. From what I read in multiple reviews at full stress, the selected motherboard alone consumes 120w and adding on top of that 65w for the I5... so, one would expect at least a 200w psu... unless I don't understand something correctly. There is high possibility that my build will be used for rendering, so pushing it to the max is a possibility.

Can someone shed some light please?

Hey, awesome build man. I have an almost identical setup in my fractal node 202. I built it as a gaming machine but specifically picked the parts so I could Hackintosh it at some point down the road. That time has come. All I need to do is order the wifi/bt card and then I should be good. Is this one is the same? https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Broadcom-BC...993348?hash=item3f60ae9344:g:wdoAAOSw-KFXeSpi

My question is: Is it impossible to swap out the card once the motherboard is already installed into the case? Would be a pain in the ass to have to pull everything out again!

Hello!
I want to buy a Broadcom wifi + BT card and want to change in my new motherboard: Asrock Z370M-ITX/AC.
In my MB has an Intel chipset card.

Which solution is better for me? I think it is better if i choose native hardware.

macbook air wifi card - BCM94360CS2 + adapter (also too big, but i saw by Fontanero #111 post, it is possible), i found more link to this seller. It is good for me?
imac wifi card - BCM94360CD + adapter (too big)
BCM94352Z - OR just use this card, i think it isn't native, but works with kext.

I use magic keyboard and magic mouse, so i need reliable (strong) bluetooth connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back