Contribute
Register

erik's "Tiny But Mighty" HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thx for the guide.

My build is successfull, expect one problem.
When 2 hdmi monitors is connected on boot, system won't boot (just like NUC7)
If I connect 2nd monitor after boot - system works well.

I've already checked via this guide, but it do not work.
Does anybody knows, how to fix it?

Which build of Clover did you choose? There are multiple builds in the downloads section and I'm not quite sure which to choose... Thanks! I'm following this build exactly as we speak.

Just thought I would throw this up here:

I made another build using the same i5-8400- Asrock Z370m-ITX/AC - Intel UHD 630 but with an Apple BCM94360CS2 Wifi/BT card with the appropriate M.2 adapter.
I updated to the latest BIOS (2.10). I have Wifi and Bluetooth fully working with my own Customized SSDT using the latest USBInjectAll.kext

USBInjectAll.kext placed in /L/E - installed using KextBeast

UPDATE: April 15, 2018
After more tinkering, this SSDT works Bluetooth, USB3 and USB2 speeds.

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    766 bytes · Views: 223
Last edited:
For Messages to work on this board, I had to install the EmuVariableUefi-64 driver via Clover Configurator (4.60.3.4). This got the ROM and MLB values to "stick" (and show up in the output from iMessageDebug, across reboots) for a successful setup of Messages per How to Fix iMessage.

I have an Asrock Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming ITX/AC and I have it working pretty solidly except that my computer wakes from sleep due to XDCI. Bluetooth and Wifi work with no issues for me. My Mighty Mouse stutters if I connect to my 2G network but on 5G it works nicely.

I'll post for you all if it helps. Looking at it, it's pretty similar to the others posted except I have my bluetooth on port HS14 where others seem to have it on HS13. Works for me though...

erik, how is your computer when it goes to sleep? Does it wake automatically once the fans shut down and keep powering on and sleeping in a vicious cycle?

Attachments

• SSDT-UIAC.aml
    698 bytes · Views: 158
Hey guys,

I've got everything up and running with a few exceptions. I'd greatly appreciate it if anyone can help point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance!

My build is basically the same except I have an i5-8600K processor and have not bought the Broadcom card. I also have an extra chassis fan. Here are the problems I'm facing:

1. Graphics hiccups despite full acceleration
  • Chrome does not render at all. I tried setting the defaults through terminal (not even the settings page works so I had to use terminal) to disable the gpu acceleration on chrome with no luck. I thought it might be an HTML5 issue but I tested html5 sites in safari with success. I also tested webGL, which also works in safari. Netflix, however, gives me an error (potential HDCP error?)
  • Sleep sometimes causes graphics glitches on wakeup. I tried generating a new ssdt using ssdtPRGen.sh (followed the guide) but cannot successfully run because I have an 'unknown processor model'. I tried the commands './ssdtPRGen.sh -p 'i5-8600K' -f 3600 -turbo 4300' and './ssdtPRGen.sh -p 'i5-6600K' -f 3600 -turbo 4300' but both failed with the same error.
    UPDATE: I did as RehabMan said in his first reply to this post: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-generate-ssdt-for-coffee-lake-cpu.238311/ and checked PluginType in Clover Configurator. I let my computer sleep for ~1 hour and it did not crash. I'll update again if the issue seems to be fixed after a little more testing.
    UPDATE 2: I let my computer sleep over night and it crashed / restarted. Anybody know if there's anything else I might need to do in addition to checking PluginType in Clover Configurator?
  • Occasional Random graphics crash – it has only happened once so it may be an anomaly, but I'd guess that's unlikely considering my other issues. The screen seems to stop updating in certain places and flickers – I restart to fix the problem.
    UPDATE: This hasn't happened again – maybe it was just an anomaly. I'll update again if this presents itself again. For now, looks like this was an anomaly or something I fixed without realizing it.
  • The middle of the screen tears on the startup load page with the apple logo (not sure if this is normal or not)
2. Unknown Processor
  • about this Mac recognizes that my processor is 3.6GHz but the model is unknown, which also seems to be preventing me from producing a new SSDT file, as mentioned above
3. Missing User folder / Name in top right
  • Finder does not show my user folder on the left sidebar. My name is also missing from the top right section of the menu bar UPDATE: I didn't realize there was a system preference setting to fix the user name issue (#3); that was a simple fix, sorry!

I've attached my config.plist and my ioreg. Please let me know if there are any additional files I should add.

SIDE NOTE: I used MultiBeast to set everything up initially. I also did not have the correct CLOVER folder in the EFI partition on install, but have since updated it with the original post's attachment.

Attachments

• Robert’s iMac.ioreg
    4.8 MB · Views: 134
  • config.plist
    8 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
I got exactly the same hardware like erik. However, nearly everything seems to work on High Sierra 10.13.4 with the files from the first post, except for the Displayport. Has anyone the same problem? While connected through the displayport, I can reach 2/3 from the boot before my display (DELL P2415Q) complains about no input. HDMI works. Due to technical limitations of the integrated Intel UHD630 GPU, I need to use Displayport for 4K@60Hz. I also updated all included Kexts to the recent versions, unfortunately without any change. Any help is really appreciated!

Last edited:
I got nearly the same hardware like erik, the only difference is my motherboard: ASRock Z370m-ITX/AC. However, nearly everything seems to work with the files from the first post on High Sierra 10.13.4, except for the Displayport. Has anyone the same problem? While connected through the displayport, I can reach 2/3 from the boot before my display (DELL P2415Q) complains about no input. HDMI works. Due to technical limitations of the integrated Intel UHD630 GPU, I need to use Displayport for 4K@60Hz. I also updated all included Kexts to the recent versions, unfortunately without any change. Any help is really appreciated!

Please fill in your profile details.

Also, erik did use the ASRock Z370m-ITX/AC motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back