Contribute
Register

erik's "Tiny But Mighty" HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
That looks right. Have you used IORegistryExplorer to show what ports you have? Without the SSDT you should see all 26 ports. When you boot with the SSDT in ACPI/patched, you should see less depending on whose SSDT you use. You can check your ports by watching IORegistryExplorer as you plug in USB2 and USB3 items.

Thanks for helping out. Where do I see the 26 ports? If I watch under IOUSB in the dropdown, I see only the connected devices, through their respective hubs. See image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2tmi0xicnaxqgs/Screenshot 2018-02-23 17.56.27.png (can't get it to be part of the post for some reason).

The retain counts seem to go up when I add devices to my ports. I tried adding your SSDT again, and then tried all USB ports and got nothing registered in the IORegistryExplorer at all. Can it be because I Erik's in there as well, creating a collision? I currently have

• SSDT-UIAC (last modified 281017)
  • SSDT.aml (last modified 281017)
Thanks
Screenshot%202018-02-23%2017.56.27.png

Thanks for helping out. Where do I see the 26 ports? If I watch under IOUSB in the dropdown, I see only the connected devices, through their respective hubs. See image: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t2tmi0xicnaxqgs/Screenshot 2018-02-23 17.56.27.png (can't get it to be part of the post for some reason).

The retain counts seem to go up when I add devices to my ports. I tried adding your ssdt again, and then tried all USB ports and got nothing registerd in the IORegistryExplorer at all. Can it be because I Erik's in there as well, creating a collision? I currently have

• SSDT-UIAC (last modified 281017)
  • ssdt.aml (last modified 281017)
Thanks
Screenshot%202018-02-23%2017.56.27.png
You need to be looking under IOService, not IOUSB

erik's "Tiny But Mighty" High Sierra Coffee Lake Build:
i5-8400- Asrock Z370m-ITX/AC - Intel UHD 630 - 16GB RAM

Eric,

Could you please upload pics of your BOIS screens? No matter what I do I can not get the computer to go to sleep. I have the exact same one you do.
Thanks!

Eric,

Could you please upload pics of your Bios screens? No matter what I do I can not get the computer to go to sleep. I have the exact same one you do.
Thanks!

I second this. It sometimes manages to sleep, but always wakes up after a while.

You need to be looking under IOService, not IOUSB
Under IOService I see the same thing (am going down to Apple USB Host Resources). I see all items that are plugged in, and nothing else. Maybe this is what I am supposed to see?

Thanks.

I'm not erik, but I have an SSDT that works perfectly. Make sure you have USBInjectAll.kext in Other/kexts and put this in Clover/ACPI/patched

BTW, you don't need the raise port limit patch or any _excludes in Clover Configurator.

Hi Doc,
I have the same configuration except for the GPU that I'm planning to buy. With my config.plist it sleeps and wakes up without problems. I followed the guide made by Kphs.
My question is: is there a way to make the onboard wi-fi to work? Did you change the chip with the broadcom too?
Thanks!
A.

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.5 KB · Views: 236
Hi Doc,
I have the same configuration except for the GPU that I'm planning to buy. With my config.plist it sleeps and wakes up without problems. I followed the guide made by Kphs.
My question is: is there a way to make the onboard wi-fi to work? Did you change the chip with the broadcom too?
Thanks!
A.
The included wifi/bluetooth chip will not work.
I used the Broadcom BCM94352Z NGFF which is an exact replica but takes a little work to install. And of course you must add some kexts to make it work.

Hey there,

I've been setting the same configuration as Erik's except for the processor which is an I7-8700 in my case.

For some unknown reason I have to add the cpus=10 boot flag for my computer to work properly.

If i don't, the computer crashes at High Sierra login screen (I type my password and press Enter -> the computer crashes).

To be more exact:
  • cpus=1, cpus=2, ..., cpus=10 work (and I had to use one of these flag to perform the install).
  • cpus=11, cpus=12 or no cpus flag crash at login
Enclosed is my CLOVER folder. It's basically the same as Erik's except fot the lilu.kext that I updated to the latest version.

Does anyone have of what could cause this problem?

Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

• Clover Folder.zip
    9.2 MB · Views: 93
Hi Doc,
Thanks!
A.
I tried your config...still no sleep. Can you upload your EFI?
Thanks

Hey there,

I've been setting the same configuration as Erik's except for the processor which is an I7-8700 in my case.

For some unknown reason I have to add the cpus=10 boot flag for my computer to work properly.

If i don't, the computer crashes at High Sierra login screen (I type my password and press Enter -> the computer crashes).

To be more exact:
  • cpus=1, cpus=2, ..., cpus=10 work (and I had to use one of these flag to perform the install).
  • cpus=11, cpus=12 or no cpus flag crash at login
Enclosed is my CLOVER folder. It's basically the same as Erik's except fot the lilu.kext that I updated to the latest version.

Does anyone have of what could cause this problem?

Any help would be appreciated!
Have you checked your BIOS settings? That's my only idea....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back