Contribute
Register

erik's "Tiny But Mighty" HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would not trust my SSDT for USB for a different board. Follow RehabMan's guide. It takes a few minutes but it's worth the time.

Erik, can you confirm you have both Bluetooth and Wifi working with your Lenovo Broadcom card? I bought the same one from the same vendor but my BT is not working. Thanks!

Erik, can you confirm you have both Bluetooth and Wifi working with your Lenovo Broadcom card? I bought the same one from the same vendor but my BT is not working. Thanks!

Yes, they both do work for me. Mine is not a Lenovo card, it's "Anatel."

Does it show up in system information?

See attached screenshot.

I just updated the zip in the first post to what's current on my build. Perhaps you can re-add the SSDT. It's possible the version on there did not have the port for the USB-Bluetooth connection in it. I do remember adding it in, but I'm not sure it's before or after I made my initial post. Give it a try.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 9.44.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-01-23 at 9.44.29 PM.png
    164.5 KB · Views: 259
Last edited:
Yes, they both do work for me. Mine is not a Lenovo card, it's "Anatel."
Sorry, I meant a Lenovo pull. It's the same Broadcom chip in your link in the first post.

Does it show up in system information? See attached screenshot.

No, I get the "no information" message.

I just updated the zip in the first post to what's current on my build. Perhaps you can re-add the SSDT. It's possible the version on there did not have the port for the USB-Bluetooth connection in it. I do remember adding it in, but I'm not sure it's before or after I made my initial post. Give it a try.

Did not change anything. Still no go with my BT on the card. If I plug in my BT dongle (IOGear 4.0) I have Bluetooth. Any other ideas? Thanks much.

Yes, I believe so. However, that's OK on 300-series. I believe since 100 series you can have up to 26 ports. See RehabMan's post here:

https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-USB-Inject-All

I've tested every USB port.
I'm absolutely no expert, but my reading of Rehabman tells me that while there are 26 ports available, we must cut that down to 15 to be safe. And after creating an injector for the 15 (or less) ports we need, we then must remove the port patcher that allowed 26 ports. At least, that's my interpretation. What do you think?

@erik - thanks so much for this guide. I'm currently waiting for the same CPU and Motherboard. I'll be using an RX570 graphics card though. Seems simple enough :)

I actually just finished installing the OS on my first hackintosh using that same board and an 8100 and was wondering if you could help me with a few issues I'm having.

First, how do I get Facetime and iMessage working? These are the two most important things for me. I can sign into iMessage at first but then i get an error during authentication.

Second, how did you get audio working? I cannot get audio to come through my monitor's built-in speakers or through basic apple earpods. When I go to sound output devices, it shows an Apple TV and Marantz receiver I have in another room, but nothing will directly connect through the mobo I/O. It is also working through bluetooth with my wireless JBL speaker, so no idea what the issue is there

Third, do you think it is at all possible to get graphics acceleration working with the 8100? It's pretty miserable using it as is right now

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back