Contribute
Register

erik's "Tiny But Mighty" HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
One other question, Erik. I don't need a dedicated graphics card so I wonder if the 8700k with its on-board gpu would run cool enough in this enclosure?

One other question, Erik. I don't need a dedicated graphics card so I wonder if the 8700k with its on-board gpu would run cool enough in this enclosure?

No heat issues for me.

Thanks for sharing Erik!

I have the same build and as I'm new to hackintoshing I more or less copied your clover config.

I have occurred two problems so far. My cpu won't turbo, it maxes out at 2.75ghz when stress testing. I also have some graphic glitches that require restarting from time to time. Could both of these problems be due to BIOS settings?

Thanks for sharing Erik!

I have the same build and as I'm new to hackintoshing I more or less copied your clover config.

I have occurred two problems so far. My cpu won't turbo, it maxes out at 2.75ghz when stress testing. I also have some graphic glitches that require restarting from time to time. Could both of these problems be due to BIOS settings?

Editing the amount of RAM dedicated to your video card may help glitching. I haven't experienced any glitching yet.

As far as turbo, how are you checking? Intel power gadget?

I think you have two options: 1) Make sure you have it generating p-states in Clover 2) Create a SSDT using ssdtPRGen. There are directions floating around for Coffee Lake.

@erik thank you for undertaking this project and sharing your results! your setup looks wonderful! I am thinking of undertaking this exact same project for my next HTPC build.

The photos in your posting shows the Asrock Z370M with a dual Intel NIC interface. Can you please tell me if the dual NIC hardware setup in the Z370M is recognized by macOS High Sierra?

Many thanks in advance!

@erik thank you for undertaking this project and sharing your results! your setup looks wonderful! I am thinking of undertaking this exact same project for my next HTPC build.

The photos in your posting shows the Asrock Z370M with a dual Intel NIC interface. Can you please tell me if the dual NIC hardware setup in the Z370M is recognized by macOS High Sierra?

Many thanks in advance!

I’ve never been able to reliably make dual Ethernet work on my other machine, but admittedly I’ve never tried it on this machine.

I’ve never been able to reliably make dual Ethernet work on my other machine, but admittedly I’ve never tried it on this machine.

@erik great to hear from you and thank you for replying back so quickly. Did you try to use the "Link Aggregation" feature in "System Preferences" to exploit the dual Ethernet Ports in either of your builds? (Please see attached file)

Screen Shot 2018-01-03 at 8.37.55 PM.png

FYI - I actually use a similar feature in my Linux NAS that had dual Ethernet Ports and it ends up you need an Ethernet Switch that has a feature called "LACP" (Link Aggregation Protocol).

Hi Erik,

thanks a lot for your post!! I've got my i5 8400 working successfully!
only question is, I'm using Asrock z370 pro4 which only has HDMI, when I connect it to my 2k display via it, I only got 1080p in "scaled".
is there anything I can do to fix this?

UHD 630 has been recognized, but I5 8400 not.

Thank you for any advices!

Hi Erik,

thanks a lot for your post!! I've got my i5 8400 working successfully!
only question is, I'm using Asrock z370 pro4 which only has HDMI, when I connect it to my 2k display via it, I only got 1080p in "scaled".
is there anything I can do to fix this?

UHD 630 has been recognized, but I5 8400 not.

Thank you for any advices!

problem solved!
with Mac-pixel-clock-v2, now 2K@60Hz on MB HDMI works fine~~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back