Contribute
Register

erik's "Tiny But Mighty" HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, btw, if you are fine with 10.12.6 for now than the GT 1030 WILL work!!

That should save you some money :)

It’s still around 250/270 euros! Anyway I needed a computer bit in a hurry, since my mbp failed badly! 10.12.6 is cool for me, actually didn’t want any GPU :( but gt 1030 heatsink model seem silent :) will look into 10.12.6 first

Yep, says 867 in system information even downstairs from router
perfect build thanks erik for the guide you posted:), i'll managing to do the same. The broadcom you have installed works as a normal Apple BCM943602CS WIFI card or it works but with same difference due to broadcom ketx?

Hi erik,

Great build! I'm using this as my guide. I see that you're using this as an HTPC and have another config for your office computer. I'm trying to decide between this configuration and your Kaby Lake office config in your profile. I'm leaning towards Coffee Lake because the i5-8400 seems like a better value (if you can find one). Do you see any downsides to using this config as a primary work computer? Has it been solid?

Thank you,

Hi erik,

Great build! I'm using this as my guide. I see that you're using this as an HTPC and have another config for your office computer. I'm trying to decide between this configuration and your Kaby Lake office config in your profile. I'm leaning towards Coffee Lake because the i5-8400 seems like a better value (if you can find one). Do you see any downsides to using this config as a primary work computer? Has it been solid?

Thank you,

8400 has more than enough horsepower for work computer. I could easily use it for my work!

Thanks Erik for the guide, I'm still chipping away trying to get my build to work. I stumbled upon this thread and took the easy route and just copied your files onto a new USB installer. Thought I had it cinched this time but I get stuck in a boot loop and wind up again and again on the clover options page. I'm sure this is probably I constructed my stick with 10.3.2 and there's probably a vital step that I'm missing. If anyone can point me in the proper direction I'll read up and make another attempt!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back