Contribute
Register

erik's "Tiny But Mighty" HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - High Sierra

Motherboard
ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Suddenly, my computer won't sleep. If I walk away it stays on. If I choose Apple > Sleep, the screen goes dark for about 5 seconds then comes back on. Repaired the boot volume and have restarted but neither fixes the problem. Any ideas?
Which darkwake are you using? I'm using darkwake=8 and it works fine

Motherboard
GA-P55A-UD4P
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Thanks much. Just tried that and now it sleeps if I move the cursor to the hot screen, but if I walk away the screen saver comes on but the display does not sleep.

Motherboard
ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Thanks much. Just tried that and now it sleeps if I move the cursor to the hot screen, but if I walk away the screen saver comes on but the display does not sleep.
How long do you have to be idle for before your screen saver starts, and when does the display turn off?
Have you tried unticking "Prevent computer from sleeping automatically when the display is off"?

Motherboard
GA-P55A-UD4P
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have the screen saver set to start after 5 min but the display does not turn off (should at 15 min).

I'll have to check that last item when I return from traveling. Thanks much for your suggestions.