Contribute
Register

erik's "Tiny But Mighty" HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - High Sierra

Motherboard
Asrock Z370m-ITX/AC
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Hey Eric, I'm building my first Hackintosh, and I'm at a bit of a roadblock. I'm hoping you can help me with. I bought the same motherboard as you, but I can't get it to respond for the life of me. I don't have a disk drive. How did you get to BIOS?

Motherboard
Asrock Z370m-ITX/AC
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Alright, I've been at this for about 5 hours and I have to tap out. I have the same motherboard and CPU. If I use OP's clover folder, I get a "crossed out circle" symbol. I actually had to do iMac 17,1 to solve my graphical glitching (opposed to OP's 18,1). With my own setup, I got 31fps on cinebench so performance wise (seems 40fps is what I should be hitting) I'm still short, not sure why. I only have the USB 2 slots in the back and no audio through HDMI. I think discovering why I get the error with OP's clover settings is the key. Don't mean to thread jack but seems we're all looking for help in this thread. I've attached my EFI for anyone who can help.

Edit: By copying OP's SSDT patch, I have 6 out of the 8 USB's working, which is enough for me. I am doing research now but it won't open images or play audio or videos. With an iGPU, hopefully this will be an easy fix.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
Rampage V Extreme
CPU
Core i7 6800K
Graphics
Gigabyte GTX980 G1 Extreme 6GB OC
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hi there. Great build, thanks.
Can you please elaborate a bit more on what you had to do to get the Broadcom installed successfully?

Do you imagine any problem running this as a dual boot Mac/Win PC? I will be putting something like this in a bigger case and putting my GTX 980 Ti on it.

Thanks!

Getting ready to do my build which is almost the exact same thing. Any "gotcha's" that you could share @erik? Also, with your two sticks of GSkill ripjaw, does the heatsink of the ram in the forward most slot touch the Noctua heatsink? Having that problem with my Crucial Ballistix and curious if that has raised any issues for you?
@walkermac What do you mean by you are having handoff issues after getting the broadcom chip to work?