Contribute
Register

erik's "Tiny But Mighty" HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad it worked for you. I’ve tried removing both IntelGFX and ig-platform-id but although it boots fast, the display is pink and graphical glitches are everywhere. Could you please upload your EFI folder? Could really use some informations from your configuration.
Also, what about that BCM94352Z card? My WiFi now seems to work, but no Bluetooth whatsoever, even after installing the kexts given here, maybe I’m missing some configuration, I’ve only installed BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext in my EFI folder but Bluetooth is invisible in the the Settings app.
Did you patch your USB port limit? BT is usb.

Last edited:
Glad it worked for you. I’ve tried removing both IntelGFX and ig-platform-id but although it boots fast, the display is pink and graphical glitches are everywhere. Could you please upload your EFI folder? Could really use some informations from your configuration.
Also, what about that BCM94352Z card? My WiFi now seems to work, but no Bluetooth whatsoever, even after installing the kexts given here, maybe I’m missing some configuration, I’ve only installed BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext in my EFI folder but Bluetooth is invisible in the the Settings app.

I've attached my Clover folder. The SMBIOS is random, please change that. I have also removed my SSDT for USB injection, because I'm not sure if it'll work on other builds. Try generating your own SSDT and see if the Bluetooth problem gets fixed.
Including the kexts in the Clover/Other folder (which the majority in that folder aren't needed but I put them in there just in case), in my L/E folder I have the following extra kexts:
I think my config.plist may need some trimming. If someone is willing, I will be very grateful!
Hopefully you can get your graphics working... I hated that pink tint.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    21.9 MB · Views: 123
I've attached my Clover folder. The SMBIOS is random, please change that. I have also removed my SSDT for USB injection, because I'm not sure if it'll work on other builds. Try generating your own SSDT and see if the Bluetooth problem gets fixed.
Including the kexts in the Clover/Other folder (which the majority in that folder aren't needed but I put them in there just in case), in my L/E folder I have the following extra kexts:
I think my config.plist may need some trimming. If someone is willing, I will be very grateful!
Hopefully you can get your graphics working... I hated that pink tint.

Thanks! Although I got problems unzipping your file, it finally works. But why do you have redundant kexts in your EFI partition and in /L/E? You have AppleALC, Lilu, WhateverGreen, IntelMausiEthernet and others in both locations…

Thanks! Although I got problems unzipping your file, it finally works. But why do you have redundant kexts in your EFI partition and in /L/E? You have AppleALC, Lilu, WhateverGreen, IntelMausiEthernet and others in both locations…
Glad to hear it worked! Odd how unzipping was problematic (I used the native zipper...)

I honestly don't know why I keep duplicates. I remember once I did a software update, and the kexts were missing (probably a fault on my side, or IDK maybe a software update overrides the Extensions folder?) so I keep those kexts around in case they do get removed, and I'll still have those kexts booted using Clover.
You can delete the extra kexts, I don't know if they're relavant.

Glad to hear it worked! Odd how unzipping was problematic (I used the native zipper...)

I honestly don't know why I keep duplicates. I remember once I did a software update, and the kexts were missing (probably a fault on my side, or IDK maybe a software update overrides the Extensions folder?) so I keep those kexts around in case they do get removed, and I'll still have those kexts booted using Clover.
You can delete the extra kexts, I don't know if they're relavant.

Well, yeah, kexts not in EFI gets removed with macOS updates, that's why people often recommend to put everything in EFI. Besides it's cleaner. =)
Maybe I'll try a total clean install of Mojave and Clover because right now those graphics really don't want to be accelerated…

MultiBeast puts the driver kexts in /Library/Extensions/ because that's where Apple designated 3rd party kexts are installed. The /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/other/ folder should only have the FakeSMC kext in the folder. However, I have mine in /L/E/, and only move/copy it to .../kexts/other/ when I'm doing a direct upgrade (See tonymacx86 Direct Upgrade guides). I've never had any problems.

So, couldn't help my self and got around to building this :)
Everything is like op's build except I have not gotten the replacement WiFi/BT chip.

Using OP's Clover folder, I got it up and running on High Sierra. I am having issues with terrible glitching as soon as I open any windows. No sound, and processor is reported as 2,81GHz 'unknown'.

Am i missing something vital?
I've been trying various boot arguments and BIOS settings the whole day >.<

Well, yeah, kexts not in EFI gets removed with macOS updates, that's why people often recommend to put everything in EFI. Besides it's cleaner. =)
Maybe I'll try a total clean install of Mojave and Clover because right now those graphics really don't want to be accelerated…

Mm. I'll take that into consideration.
Yeah, a clean install doesn't hurt, but do you still not have accelerated graphics?

So, couldn't help my self and got around to building this :)
Everything is like op's build except I have not gotten the replacement WiFi/BT chip.

Using OP's Clover folder, I got it up and running on High Sierra. I am having issues with terrible glitching as soon as I open any windows. No sound, and processor is reported as 2,81GHz 'unknown'.

Am i missing something vital?
I've been trying various boot arguments and BIOS settings the whole day >.<

For the "Unknown" processor, it's only a cosmetic problem. There are lots of guides floating around the Hackintosh community regarding how to change this.

For the "terrible glitching," set your SMBIOS to iMac18,1.

For the audio, first try going into settings and check if "Internal Speakers" is listed. If so, you have audio. If not, you may need to use Multibeast to inject audio, or try setting Devices --> Audio --> Inject to 1. (I think it was that way in Erik's config.plist, but doesn't hurt to double check)

I understand this is a long guide, but a lot of your answers were answered inside of this guide. You just had to search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back