Contribute
Register

erik's "Tiny But Mighty" HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - High Sierra

Motherboard
Asrock Z370M-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. iMac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Just finished my build with similar components. I’ve installed Mojave but can’t get iGPU graphics acceleration.
I have IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and Shiki.kext from erik’s EFI folder, and I’ve set my ig-platform-id to 0x3E9B0007, model is iMac18,3. Theres’s a few graphical glitches and “About this Mac” shows 7 MB of VRAM. If my ig-platform-id is 0x59120000 like erik suggested, it says 1.5 GB of VRAM but my display gets pink-tinted and glitches appear all over the place.

Any ideas? It’s my first build and can’t get this working…

Motherboard
Fatal1ty Z370 Gaming-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
Vega 56
So, Mojave is being difficult. I did the update directly from High Sierra using the Install macOS Mojave app. However, after rebooting from the installer in Clover, I get about 90% to boot, then the display shuts down and I have to power off. If I boot from my High Sierra USB stick and choose my SSD with Mojave on it, I can boot all the way but I have no bluetooth on my Lenovo card (although Wifi works great with this card), so I suspect I have to fix the USB port limit again. I also have graphics glitches which may require a change in the model identifier. But the biggest issue is that I cannot boot, even after reinstalling the current Clover with Multibeast from within the Mojave boot.

Any suggestions?
I got mine working with the limit patch. You have to reinstall the KEXTs in the proper folder. I am having issues with continuity now. Did it ever work for you?

Motherboard
Asrock Z370M ITX/AC
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Just finished my build with similar components. I’ve installed Mojave but can’t get iGPU graphics acceleration.
I have IntelGraphicsFixup.kext and Shiki.kext from erik’s EFI folder, and I’ve set my ig-platform-id to 0x3E9B0007, model is iMac18,3. Theres’s a few graphical glitches and “About this Mac” shows 7 MB of VRAM. If my ig-platform-id is 0x59120000 like erik suggested, it says 1.5 GB of VRAM but my display gets pink-tinted and glitches appear all over the place.

Any ideas? It’s my first build and can’t get this working…

18.3 will give graphic glitches, try 18.1 which is what I use, and they should disappear.

Also intelgraphicsfixup and shiki are depreciated. Whatevergreen replaces quite a few kexts which is also what I use now, albeit DisplayPort did stop working after this.

Motherboard
Asrock Z370M-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. iMac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
18.3 will give graphic glitches, try 18.1 which is what I use, and they should disappear.

Also intelgraphicsfixup and shiki are depreciated. Whatevergreen replaces quite a few kexts which is also what I use now, albeit DisplayPort did stop working after this.

I’ve set 18.1 and added Lilu and WhateverGreen (removing the other kexts of course), still 7 MB VRAM with InjectIntel, without it wont boot. I don’t know if I should set -disablegfxfirmware, it seems to work with and without although boot time seems longer without.
Can you please upload your EFI? That non-working acceleration is kind of annoying…

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS ROG Rampage Extreme IV
CPU
Intel Core i7-3930K
Graphics
Sapphire Radeon HD 7970 3GB GDDR5
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi erik! What a cool build! :)
Is this primarily used as a media center? Im curious as to how it would handle some light photo/video editing.

Motherboard
GA-P55A-UD4P
CPU
i7-860
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
  3. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi erik! What a cool build! :)
Is this primarily used as a media center? Im curious as to how it would handle some light photo/video editing.
Hexacore i7 with UHD 630 gpu. It'll do more than light photo and video editing. It's quite a beast.

Motherboard
Asrock Z370M-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. iMac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hexacore i7 with UHD 630 gpu. It'll do more than light photo and video editing. It's quite a beast.

It’s actually an i5 in erik’s build but yeah it’s still quite a beast and will probably do video editing with Final Cut Pro X without problems (because I have not much trouble doing it on my early 2011 MacBook Pro with its i5 and shitty Intel HD 3000 =P)

Can anyone please post its Mojave EFI folder? I really can’t get the graphics acceleration of the iGPU to work… ><'

Motherboard
ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hey, running into the same issues as @GilDev is, can't seem to get Graphics Acceleration working.
Can someone (maybe @thering1975?) post their EFI folder? I really want to complete this upgrade and Mojave is just not wanting to cooperate with my iGPU.
Thanks!

Motherboard
Asrock Z370M-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-8700
Graphics
UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. iMac
  3. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
God damnit guys, I’m getting desperate here… I don’t have a lot of experience in Hackintosh (even though I’ve learnt a lot lately) and I really don’t know what to do to make graphics acceleration work with my i7-8700 on this setup. I’ve made quite a few Clover configurations and reported my results in this chart:

3s1rbvw8u6gw4ss9j206oiw38mz0z07j.png

This information may contain a few missing informations and/or 1 or 2 mistakes, as I was writing it while testing, to see if these parameters would change something.
Can someone please post its EFI folder on Mojave? Apparently some people got it working so please upload it. I’m thinking about doing a clean install to try everything again from scratch.

Motherboard
ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac
CPU
i5-8400
Graphics
UHD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
God damnit guys, I’m getting desperate here… I don’t have a lot of experience in Hackintosh (even though I’ve learnt a lot lately) and I really don’t know what to do to make graphics acceleration work with my i7-8700 on this setup. I’ve made quite a few Clover configurations and reported my results in this chart:

3s1rbvw8u6gw4ss9j206oiw38mz0z07j.png

This information may contain a few missing informations and/or 1 or 2 mistakes, as I was writing it while testing, to see if these parameters would change something.
Can someone please post its EFI folder on Mojave? Apparently some people got it working so please upload it. I’m thinking about doing a clean install to try everything again from scratch.

Hey!
Totally feel you. I'm also so desperate for an answer (or even just an EFI folder please!!!)
For the ones that you are stuck at a certain percentage at boot, maybe you should identify in -v what's stopping it from booting. I've run into multiple gIOScreenLockState's and some Retry GFX thingy; I honestly don't even know.
Oddly sometimes I even get 31 MB of VRAM, and I don't think that's a very common appearance...

I might try the same thing as you did; creating a chart with everything I've done, but in the meantime maybe you should create a separate thread to see if someone can finetune your EFI folder? I'll see if I can do that as well (but like you, this is my first build, and I'm still pretty lost in the Hackintosh world)

Cheers, and hope you can find a solution soon!

Last edited: