Contribute
Register

erik's "Tiny But Mighty" HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, running into the same issues as @GilDev is, can't seem to get Graphics Acceleration working.
Can someone (maybe @thering1975?) post their EFI folder? I really want to complete this upgrade and Mojave is just not wanting to cooperate with my iGPU.
Thanks!

God damnit guys, I’m getting desperate here… I don’t have a lot of experience in Hackintosh (even though I’ve learnt a lot lately) and I really don’t know what to do to make graphics acceleration work with my i7-8700 on this setup. I’ve made quite a few Clover configurations and reported my results in this chart:

3s1rbvw8u6gw4ss9j206oiw38mz0z07j.png

This information may contain a few missing informations and/or 1 or 2 mistakes, as I was writing it while testing, to see if these parameters would change something.
Can someone please post its EFI folder on Mojave? Apparently some people got it working so please upload it. I’m thinking about doing a clean install to try everything again from scratch.

God damnit guys, I’m getting desperate here… I don’t have a lot of experience in Hackintosh (even though I’ve learnt a lot lately) and I really don’t know what to do to make graphics acceleration work with my i7-8700 on this setup. I’ve made quite a few Clover configurations and reported my results in this chart:

3s1rbvw8u6gw4ss9j206oiw38mz0z07j.png

This information may contain a few missing informations and/or 1 or 2 mistakes, as I was writing it while testing, to see if these parameters would change something.
Can someone please post its EFI folder on Mojave? Apparently some people got it working so please upload it. I’m thinking about doing a clean install to try everything again from scratch.

Hey!
Totally feel you. I'm also so desperate for an answer (or even just an EFI folder please!!!)
For the ones that you are stuck at a certain percentage at boot, maybe you should identify in -v what's stopping it from booting. I've run into multiple gIOScreenLockState's and some Retry GFX thingy; I honestly don't even know.
Oddly sometimes I even get 31 MB of VRAM, and I don't think that's a very common appearance...

I might try the same thing as you did; creating a chart with everything I've done, but in the meantime maybe you should create a separate thread to see if someone can finetune your EFI folder? I'll see if I can do that as well (but like you, this is my first build, and I'm still pretty lost in the Hackintosh world)

Cheers, and hope you can find a solution soon!

Last edited:
Thanks for your answer @AppleiPad556, I hope we will both be able to make our builds work. ^^'
Did you managed to get WiFi and Bluetooth to work? I’ve installed my BCM94352Z but Bluetooth is unavailable and WiFi doesn’t find any network… The Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth Guide is quite unclear…

Thanks for your answer @AppleiPad556, I hope we will both be able to make our builds work. ^^'
Did you managed to get WiFi and Bluetooth to work? I’ve installed my BCM94352Z but Bluetooth is unavailable and WiFi doesn’t find any network… The Broadcom WiFi/Bluetooth Guide is quite unclear…

Not quite yet...partially because I haven't got the module yet XD
I will let you know if I do manage to successfully install it.

@GilDev
My goodness, I am SO relieved. Haven't been so glad to see transparency in a long time...
I remember from the tip of my brain that someone said that WhateverGreen and Lilu now replace all values of ig-platform-id and FakeIntelGFX or something. (HERE: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...630-graphics-support-in-macos-10-13-6.256426/)
And so that's what I did. Left ig-platform-id and FakeIntelGFX empty. Rebooted, and BAM, Graphics work! About this Mac says Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB. Not sure if it's full acceleration, is there another way to find that out?
One thing I did notice is that audio is missing (I only now have HDMI audio), but that should be relatively easy to fix.
Not sure if this is the best way, but it certainly did work. Hope that you have the same result.
I will upload my EFI folder if you need it. My config is a mess right now, but if you need it I will send it over.

I will try a few more ig-platform-id's, just in case one of them also work. I'll keep you posted.

EDIT: None of the other ig-platform-id's I tried (0x0E928086 and 0x0E918086) did work, so I'm sticking with a blank ig-platform.

EDIT 2: 0x3E928086 does not work, HOWEVER 0x3E920000 does, and it feels more responsive than no ig-platform-id (though that might just be me, as technically they are the same ejected number)

Cheers!

Last edited:
@GilDev
My goodness, I am SO relieved. Haven't been so glad to see transparency in a long time...
I remember from the tip of my brain that someone said that WhateverGreen and Lilu now replace all values of ig-platform-id and FakeIntelGFX or something. (HERE: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...630-graphics-support-in-macos-10-13-6.256426/)
And so that's what I did. Left ig-platform-id and FakeIntelGFX empty. Rebooted, and BAM, Graphics work! About this Mac says Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB. Not sure if it's full acceleration, is there another way to find that out?
One thing I did notice is that audio is missing (I only now have HDMI audio), but that should be relatively easy to fix.
Not sure if this is the best way, but it certainly did work. Hope that you have the same result.
I will upload my EFI folder if you need it. My config is a mess right now, but if you need it I will send it over.

I will try a few more ig-platform-id's, just in case one of them also work. I'll keep you posted.

EDIT: None of the other ig-platform-id's I tried (0x0E928086 and 0x0E918086) did work, so I'm sticking with a blank ig-platform.

EDIT 2: 0x3E928086 does not work, HOWEVER 0x3E920000 does, and it feels more responsive than no ig-platform-id (though that might just be me, as technically they are the same ejected number)

Cheers!

Glad it worked for you. I’ve tried removing both IntelGFX and ig-platform-id but although it boots fast, the display is pink and graphical glitches are everywhere. Could you please upload your EFI folder? Could really use some informations from your configuration.
Also, what about that BCM94352Z card? My WiFi now seems to work, but no Bluetooth whatsoever, even after installing the kexts given here, maybe I’m missing some configuration, I’ve only installed BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext in my EFI folder but Bluetooth is invisible in the the Settings app.

Glad it worked for you. I’ve tried removing both IntelGFX and ig-platform-id but although it boots fast, the display is pink and graphical glitches are everywhere. Could you please upload your EFI folder? Could really use some informations from your configuration.
Also, what about that BCM94352Z card? My WiFi now seems to work, but no Bluetooth whatsoever, even after installing the kexts given here, maybe I’m missing some configuration, I’ve only installed BrcmFirmwareData.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext in my EFI folder but Bluetooth is invisible in the the Settings app.

I will upload my EFI folder once I get home. Will do within 24 hours (hopefully)

As for the BCM94532Z card, I'll investigate when I get home

Did you patch your USB port limit? BT is usb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back