Contribute
Register

erik's "Tiny But Mighty" HTPC: ASRock Z370M-ITX/ac - i5-8400 - UHD 630 Graphics - High Sierra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Under IOService I see the same thing (am going down to Apple USB Host Resources). I see all items that are plugged in, and nothing else. Maybe this is what I am supposed to see?

Thanks.
Not sure what AppleHost Resources is. Look for XHC@14 (at least that's my number.) Under that you should see all the ports that are available. With just USBInjectall.kext and the port limit patch, you should see 24 or 26 ports.

Under IOService I see the same thing (am going down to Apple USB Host Resources). I see all items that are plugged in, and nothing else. Maybe this is what I am supposed to see?

Thanks.
This what I see after creating my SSDT and removing the port limit patch...
Screen Shot 2018-02-26 at 7.04.50 PM.png

Have you checked your BIOS settings? That's my only idea....

Thanks Doc for your input.

I did come back to the default BIOS settings then disabled the Vd-t and chose onboard as Primary Graphics Adapter but the behavior remained the same.

I'm currently using BIOS version 1.80 which is very recent, I'll come back to version 1.60 and see what happen.

I just hope my CPU is not faulty.

OK, I downgraded the BIOS to v1.60 -> The computer still crashes at login.

Then I removed the cpu, sprayed a little of dry air of the socket and the cpu, remounted everything -> The computer still crashes at login.

I do have another computer running on Windows with I5-8400. So i took some time and swaped the cpus.
-> The Windows computer seems to work OK with the I7-8700.
-> The High Sierra one no more crashes at login =).

I would be interested to know if this kind of behavior is normal or surprising.

Anyway, I think I'm gonna stick like that for now. Thanks Erik for the guide the Clover folder.

The included wifi/bluetooth chip will not work.
I used the Broadcom BCM94352Z NGFF which is an exact replica but takes a little work to install. And of course you must add some kexts to make it work.

Hi Doc, and all. Since I didn't want to work around the wifi card I tried an USB Wifi Dongle and after a research of the right drivers (still Sierra version) now works very well. I tried the Dootoper AC1200 (I think is based on realtek board) and paid it on Amazon Italy € 15.
Now I'm looking for a RX580 at a fair price (not now).
Thanks!
Alex

Hello guys, I followed this guide to assemble my new hack, (my hardware is in signature) apparent everything works beautifully but I noticed that after sleep gives me a lot of problems, slowdowns of the mouse and sometimes I have to reboot for glitching graphic problems. Do you know how to solve? I used the uefi folder in the first post.

My bluetooth is still pretty much worthless, despite having a proper Broadcom card. Really frustrating that I can't get my Magic Mouse to work with this computer.

Hi, my system with the same configuration works very well now, at least since I skipped the apfs with High Sierra. Only problem left is the headphones crackling sound. Rear speakers works well, but the sound from headphones jack is very bad. Anyone do experience this problem? Thanks!

Could anyone try/confirm if triple display works on this/similar build? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back