CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
HD 4000 / GTX 560 Ti
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Accidentally formatted my Unibeast USB Boot stick from 2016- now I can’t boot into OSX. The bootable OS is Yosemite.

I redownloaded Unibeast and tried to create a new boot usb- but I don’t have the yosemite image so no luck there.

Any ideas?

Accidentally formatted my Unibeast USB Boot stick from 2016- now I can’t boot into OSX. The bootable OS is Yosemite.

I redownloaded Unibeast and tried to create a new boot usb- but I don’t have the yosemite image so no luck there.

Any ideas?

Scroll down the page:

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT211683

(Also, please update your hardware profile as someone has marked it as needing completing. Thank you)

Yeah no luck with this either- keep getting:

"This version of OS X 10.10 cannot be installed on this computer."

Things to check:

1) No existing installation already there. Internet disconnected.

2) You have set the system date back to at least July 2017 - depending on the point-version of Yosemite you have.

3) Unlock and disable the automatic date setting in System Preferences. Sometimes the system will still update from the BIOS so you might need to change the date there too. There is a Terminal hack to prevent this happening if it is a problem.

4) If none of the above helps you will have to give us more to go on ...

Thanks for the quick replies on this.

Attempted all the above- even with the term hack in recovery mode on both an intel macbook pro and an M1 machine.

Just keeps saying: "This version of OS X 10.10 cannot be installed on this computer."

Running an 2019 i7 with Monterey 12.3.1
Also have the 2021 M1 with Monterey

Lemme know what other info would be helpful- thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back