Contribute
Register

Enter BIOS with mac keyboard? Can't access boot menu!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GIGABYTE GA-Z77-DS3H
CPU
i3-3245
Graphics
PNY GTX 650 1GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi, I just finished building my first computer! I have the Gigabyte Z77-DS3H MOBO. I have a Mac USB keyboard and mouse I have tried to enter boot menu from both the front and rear USB ports. The only message I get is

Reboot and Select proper Boot Device
Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key

It repeats the message if I press a key, so I know it senses my keyboard. I'm hoping maybe its a mac/pc keyboard difference. Did I do something wrong with my build?!

Hi, I just finished building my first computer! I have the Gigabyte Z77-DS3H MOBO. I have a Mac USB keyboard and mouse I have tried to enter boot menu from both the front and rear USB ports. The only message I get is

It repeats the message if I press a key, so I know it senses my keyboard. I'm hoping maybe its a mac/pc keyboard difference. Did I do something wrong with my build?!
You have to press the small delete key on the boot screen splash logo. Its to the right of the key above the enter key.

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried what you said. Still no love though. Can I at least assume my processor and MOBO are working if I get to that screen though, or should I still be worrying?

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried what you said. Still no love though. Can I at least assume my processor and MOBO are working if I get to that screen though, or should I still be worrying?
Yes, obviously the only problem is with the keyboard. If you got to the bios everything is fine. Are you sure your pressing the right key? After restarting the computer you have to keep pounding on it and it will take you to the bios. Try a different keyboard if that doesn't work (it should work though).

OK. I resolved the issue. I wasn't able to enter the BIOS until I changed televisions. For what ever reason my old 1080i rear projection wasn't showing the BIOS. I found that in another thread that suggested changing monitors. Just installed. Thanks for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back