Contribute
Register

enrobriaffej's Triple Boot SSD Build: i5-3570K - GA-Z77X-UD5H - EVGA GTX 760 - G.Skill 16GB - Blu-Ra

Status
Not open for further replies.
enrobriaffej's Build: Core i5-3570K - GA-Z77X-UD5H - 16GB RAM 1600MHz - GT 640

Hi enrobriaffej,

I have the same problem with the sleep on Mavericks, is too slow compared to Mountain Lion. I wondering if you can help me to fixit it.

Oct 27 08:45:42 mbp-de-jose kernel[0]: Fixing incorrect zfree from zone kalloc.16 to zone kalloc.32
Oct 27 08:45:42 --- last message repeated 498 times ---
Oct 27 08:45:42 mbp-de-jose kernel[0]: *** kernel exceeded 500 log message per second limit - remaining messages this second discarded ***

The sleep problems and some other simple problems with shutdown were solved for me by using a modded BIOS from Tweaktown forums. More specifically the F16 mod#7. You can read about what the mods contain in the forum found here: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/48085-gigabyte-modified-bios.html

These are Modified GIGABYTE bios's with updated Oroms. These were not modified by GIGABYTE themselves. These bios's may not have been tested by the user who modified them. The users who post modified bios's are in no way affiliated with GIGABYTE. Flashing a modified bios is completely at your own risk and assume full responsibility. If you have any issues with your Motherboard and have to RMA it for any reason and have a modified bios flashed it could VOID your warranty.

Don't freak out if you flash a modified BIOS and the ROM's fail, you can always flash back by first clearing the CMOS and then entering Qflash and update to un-modified BIOS.

Hi enrobriaffej,

I have the same problem with the sleep on Mavericks, is too slow compared to Mountain Lion. I wondering if you can help me to fixit it. Shut down, power on, reboot and wake all work the same or better as ML.

Oct 27 08:45:42 mbp-de-jose kernel[0]: Fixing incorrect zfree from zone kalloc.16 to zone kalloc.32
Oct 27 08:45:42 --- last message repeated 498 times ---
Oct 27 08:45:42 mbp-de-jose kernel[0]: *** kernel exceeded 500 log message per second limit - remaining messages this second discarded ***
I don't know whats causing this particular console message. But sleep works very well. It just takes a few more seconds to enter sleep mode. Shut down, power on, reboot and wake all work as good or better than ML.

The sleep problems and some other simple problems with shutdown were solved for me by using a modded BIOS from Tweaktown forums. More specifically the F16 mod#7. You can read about what the mods contain in the forum found here: http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/48085-gigabyte-modified-bios.html

These are Modified GIGABYTE bios's with updated Oroms. These were not modified by GIGABYTE themselves. These bios's may not have been tested by the user who modified them. The users who post modified bios's are in no way affiliated with GIGABYTE. Flashing a modified bios is completely at your own risk and assume full responsibility. If you have any issues with your Motherboard and have to RMA it for any reason and have a modified bios flashed it could VOID your warranty.

Don't freak out if you flash a modified BIOS and the ROM's fail, you can always flash back by first clearing the CMOS and then entering Qflash and update to un-modified BIOS.

First, thank you very much for your guide and detailed explanations on your build, hackintoshx86. I learned alot from it, bc you have the same components as i do. And you are right about this too: upgrading to F16 helped sleep alot. It also improved boot times a little.
However, what really fixed sleep for me was disabling internal graphics options in BIOS. After that its been working perfectly. For some reason, up until july/june I mistakenly left the internal graphics options enabled in the Power Management section of my bios. I had already disabled internal graphics in the peripherals section but just skipped the PM ones. After that it works great!

First, thank you very much for your guide and detailed explanations on your build, hackintoshx86. I learned alot from it, bc you have the same components as i do. And you are right about this too: upgrading to F16 helped sleep alot. It also improved boot times a little.
However, what really fixed sleep for me was disabling internal graphics options in BIOS. After that its been working perfectly. For some reason, up until july/june I mistakenly left the internal graphics options enabled in the peripherals section of my bios. I had already disabled internal graphics in BIOS features but just skipped the peripherals ones. After that it works great!

Your very welcome for the guide, and I am very pleased to hear it helped you a lot. I have also changed my guide to work for Mavericks.

I am running a dual monitor setup. One monitor on HD4000, and one on the GT640. This works great all the way around. (Sleep/Wake on both monitors without delay) 1024MB-> HD4000. 2048MB-> GT640.

Also enabling your HD4000 will give you different graphics options, such as Airplay.

Since running modded BIOS versions (modded being different then alpha/beta), I have noticed a lot of simple gains in Sleep times and Shutdown times. If you feel comfortable with BIOS Flashing I would recommend trying a modded BIOS. I have personally used these from Tweaktown and have had zero problems. These will update ROMS to newer versions.

It's funny, i only switched from f14 to f16 because I read that you used f15r(i think?). So, i will do that. And I will enable hd4000 if i ever need to connect a 4th screen. I have airplay enabled now using airserver and dsdt, though i don't have much use for it. I do really want to switch to clover like you've done

Clover is a beast on it own. I understand why people are waiting to use it. I do believe it is a project to watch and try in the future.

Try a modded BIOS, not a beta version and see what happens. I know it helped myself. You will have to create another DSDT of course.

Thats great your using a DSDT for your system. You can inject HD4000 through the DSDT (IGPEnabler=Yes for NO DSDT) as well, if needed. I ran my system without HD4000 for a longtime......

Report back on the BIOS please, if you give it a shot.

Thanks for reading my guide! I am glad it has helped you!

Clover is a beast on it own. I understand why people are waiting to use it. I do believe it is a project to watch and try in the future.

Try a modded BIOS, not a beta version and see what happens. I know it helped myself. You will have to create another DSDT of course.

Thats great your using a DSDT for your system. You can inject HD4000 through the DSDT (IGPEnabler=Yes for NO DSDT) as well, if needed. I ran my system without HD4000 for a longtime......

Report back on the BIOS please, if you give it a shot.

Thanks for reading my guide! I am glad it has helped you!

I'm using the f16 mod7 right now. So far so good...but its only been one day.

Code:
10/22/13 11:20:16.000 PM kernel[0]: Fixing incorrect zfree from zone kalloc.16 to zone kalloc.32
This is due to the network atheros kext. I removed atheros and ALEX kexts from IONetworkingFamily plugins and the message disapeared. However, the slow sleep times are still present. Wake, reboot, shutdown and power on all work better than ever though

It's so weird.. the Hackintosh ran perfectly for 4-5 days (including reboots etc) but now it somehow started freezing again. I didn't changed anything..

Any ways you could help me out with this? Is there a log where the crash issue can be found?

At least every time it crashes now, the BIOS isn't resetted so that it has to be recovered from the Backupbios..

Edit: About 10 crashes today, appearing from between 5 minutes till 30 minutes after starting the system. Now blasting it with another turn of Multibeast, this time with "Generate CPU States" set to "Yes" as you said in a previous post. Then repairing permissions for my Mavericks drive. Lets see what it does..

i can try... post your smbios.plist, org.chameleon.boot.plist and bios settings. You can check console for crash reports and error messages. ive been messing around with some settings lately and using anything other than iMac definitions creates major problems with mavericks.

Did you change anything more in you smbios or boot plist? I haven't gone to maverick, and don't plan to for now. Yet but i wonder about my boot and smbios options for 10.8.5. I just switch my board for another ud5h (the old one was missing a pci- slot so they sent me a new one). I reinstalled and it works but i'm wondering about if it needs ssdt other than the one i put for hdmi sound and iic we need still need th patched dsdt from pjalm and all that shebang.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back