3mg6tcihditf.jpg

Gigabyte GA-H67N-USB3-B3 Mini-ITX Motherboard ---> Amazon

m3opc1cljla.jpg

Intel Core i5-2500k ---> Amazon

45pbwizcrg29.jpg

G.Skill 8GB (2x4GB) RipjawsX 1600MHz ---> Amazon

rfz29z4a4t36.jpg

Geforce GTX550 Ti Amp 1GB DDR5 ---> Amazon

Note: Because i'm in Germany i can't get the Zotac like on my Screenshot. I got a similar one from Captiva.

ym32xoyud1bd.jpg

Logitech-Wireless-Solar-Keyboard-K750 ---> Amazon

Comments:

It's been almost 2 Years ago since my first Hackintosh Build. In the past months I've reading about newer and smarter Hardware. After seeing the suggestions to build a Hack-Mini at Tony's Blog, I decided to start a new project and build a new Hackintosh. So, above is the system I ordered.

Assembling the parts took me 2 days because I'm very busy with work at the moment. When all Parts were assembled, I pressed the power button on that little darling and jumped straight into the BIOS for updating it to version F7 with Qflash from a former prepared USB thumb with the new Bios file on it. After updating the BIOS, I rebooted and immediately jumped again into the BIOS and setup the recommended settings from the tonymacx86 iBoot + MultiBeast: Install Mac OS X on any Intel-based PC. See the Screenshots below...

Bios Settings GA-H67N-USB3-B3 F7

Step by Step Guide

? 1st. On my other Hack I created a Lion USB Install Stick using UniBeast with my purchased "Mac OS X Lion Installation.app" in /Application Folder. That can take about 20-30 minutes, so please be patient and ignore the calculated time.

? 2nd. I connected the USB thumb drive created with UniBeast to my little darling, powering on, pressed F12 to get the BIOS Boot Menu and selected the Thumb for booting. On the Chimera Boot Screen I selected the Thumb again and pressed Enter.

? 3rd. When i arrived the Installation Screen, I choose my language and went on with partitioning my HDD like described on Install Mac OS X Lion Using an All-In-One Bootable USB Drive. Quit the Disk Utility when done and go on with the installation by choosing the fresh partitioned Drive. That takes about 10-15 minutes and the Installer reboots.

? 4th. Booting from the Thumb again like described in Step 2. but this time on the Chimera Boot Screen i select my fresh installed Lion HDD. Finished the setup and logged in to my Desktop. At this time, the internet is working because the drivers are on the Thumb.

? 5th. Ran Safari and downloaded a matching DSDT for my motherboard and BIOS version from the DSDT Database and placed it onto my Desktop. Downloaded MultiBeast 4.1 Lion Edition also and extracted it onto my Desktop. Ran MultiBeast with the options checked below on my MultiBeast Screen Snapshot ,and, after all was finished, I removed the Thumb and clicked Reboot on Linx2Mac's Network Installer Window...Voila' that's it!

FYI: AFAIK the OpenCL Enabler is just for Fermi cards with an GF110 GPU. My GFX card has the GF116 GPU, and I couldn't discover any advantage by using that patch, so I restored the original (you find it on your Desktop because MultiBeast backed it up).

MultiBeast 4.1

rz1x93fb84b.png

? 6th. What works? All is working fine so far, it boots from my HDD, Audio, Internet and QE/CI works and is very fast -> http://tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=33185&start=12

? 7th. Issues? Unfortunately yes...sometimes the System freezes, and I can't find anything about that in the logs. I think it depends on the vendor of my Fermi GFX card, because User "Rilam" from the link I gave above (Point 6) has the same card, but from another Vendor, and he hasn't that issue.

What to do? Unfortunately I don't know it, all patches, injectors and kernel editing don't work for me and my card...sometimes the system works for about 3-4 days w/o any issue. Then suddenly it freezes. So i can not recommend you buy that GFX card.

Really nice build, I might make something similiar. So the included PSU is enough to power everything with no issues? If not, will any mini itx PSU work? I am also thinking of getting a 6870 as you said the GPU you were using wasn't that successful, will that alleviate some problems? Thanks!

edit: I am thinking of getting two SSDs (one for os x, one for windows) and a 1tb for storage. Will those all fit in the case? Thanks!

VeganHipster said:
Really nice build, I might make something similiar. So the included PSU is enough to power everything with no issues? If not, will any mini itx PSU work? I am also thinking of getting a 6870 as you said the GPU you were using wasn't that successful, will that alleviate some problems? Thanks!
Yeah it's enough and yeah, buy the 6870...it's the better choice. I swapped my GTX 550 TI with an 6850 which is faster and even more silent. I really can't hear the Fans and the 1st Time i power on the machine i thought the card was not working. But that's for my Gigabyte Model. I dunno what about the silence with other ATI vendors.
edit: I am thinking of getting two SSDs (one for os x, one for windows) and a 1tb for storage. Will those all fit in the case? Thanks!
That's no Problem, i have a SSD and a WD HDD in that rig (see my sig). It's just a bit tricky because all the cables ;)

Thanks so much for the reply! I am actually thinking the SG07 or SG08 (I can't find where it is available, it is not on NewEgg or Amazon) because they come with a 600w power supply (for extra security). It also enough space for 2 2.5" Hard Drives and 2 3.5" Hard Drives and can fit up to a 12" Graphics card. I don't really like the front of the SG07 and since I can't find the SG08 anywhere else, I may just get the case you have.

I have read some reviews on NewEgg and it seems a bunch of boards are faulty with network not working. Did you have any problems with your motherboard? Sorry for so many questions, I am just hoping for a smooth build because I am new to Hackintosh and building in general.

VeganHipster said:
I have read some reviews on NewEgg and it seems a bunch of boards are faulty with network not working. Did you have any problems with your motherboard? Sorry for so many questions, I am just hoping for a smooth build because I am new to Hackintosh and building in general.
I've had no problems so far :thumbup:

karacho.. Question for you... Could you please shed some light?

Acer S273HL bmii 27" Full HD LED Monitor ---> Amazon

What resolution and connection are you using with this monitor?

Do you get "0xdeadbeef memory allocation error, gui.c line 381" when you connect it to the onboard HDMI or DVI with resolution setting (2048x1152 resolution)?

I have a Dell monitor 2309W (2048x1152 resolution) and it seem my mobo (GA-h61n-usb3 R1 F2) will not boot if connected with the onboard HDMI and DVI conncected. Other users are with the same monitor are also affected. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39074&p=279313#p279313

that Acer S273HL bmii 27" Full HD LED Monitor ---> Amazon you selected is slick!
I was wondering if you could please connect the monitor using the onboard HDMI and then the DVI to see if you get the "0xdeadbeef memory allocation error, gui.c line 381". as I don't have a graphics card and was going to use the pci slot for apple bluetooth and Wifi.

I noticed that on Amazon's website the "Acer S273HL bmii 27" Full HD LED Monitor" http://www.amazon.com/Acer-S273HL-bmii- ... B00439563A It does not have the Acer Logo on the Front/Top/Left Corner. But on Newegg's website http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6824009276 this same model has a logo in the corner. Can you please confirm if there is a logo on there or not?

kaizoogi said:
karacho.. Question for you... Could you please shed some light?

Acer S273HL bmii 27" Full HD LED Monitor ---> Amazon

What resolution and connection are you using with this monitor?
This Monitor don't support Resolutions higher than 1080p, 1920x1080 as you can see at "Product Features and Technical Details" on Amazon Website. So i stay with 1920x1080x32@60Hz
Do you get "0xdeadbeef memory allocation error, gui.c line 381" when you connect it to the onboard HDMI or DVI with resolution setting (2048x1152 resolution)?
Obsolete because i can't use this Resolution
I have a Dell monitor 2309W (2048x1152 resolution) and it seem my mobo (GA-h61n-usb3 R1 F2) will not boot if connected with the onboard HDMI and DVI conncected. Other users are with the same monitor are also affected. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=39074&p=279313#p279313
This is new to me...will have a look into that Thread.
that Acer S273HL bmii 27" Full HD LED Monitor ---> Amazon you selected is slick!
I was wondering if you could please connect the monitor using the onboard HDMI and then the DVI to see if you get the "0xdeadbeef memory allocation error, gui.c line 381". as I don't have a graphics card and was going to use the pci slot for apple bluetooth and Wifi.

I noticed that on Amazon's website the "Acer S273HL bmii 27" Full HD LED Monitor" http://www.amazon.com/Acer-S273HL-bmii- ... B00439563A It does not have the Acer Logo on the Front/Top/Left Corner. But on Newegg's website http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6824009276 this same model has a logo in the corner. Can you please confirm if there is a logo on there or not?
No errors so far with that Monitor. I get em' from Amazon.de -> http://www.amazon.de/Acer-S273HLAbmii-M ... 407&sr=8-1 because i'm in Germany, but i put the Amazon.com Link into my Build for our British and American Members. That Monitor works with HDMI and DVI connected. With HDMI connected i have to use GE=no, with DVI GE=yes :crazy:

Thanks! For you Quick reply.

I've hooked my custoMacMini (Alternate Mobo GA-H61N-USB3 Rev. 1.0.0 F2 ....all other specks exactly as the CustoMac Mini 2011 build => http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2011/09/ ... tomac.html)
to my Samsung HD TV 1080p Via onboard HDMI and it is now booting just fine, (with minor artifacts)

Q- With this Alternate Mobo board GA-H61N-USB3 Rev. 1.0.0 F2 how do I get sleep and wake from sleep to work? (was it suppose to work with the F2 DSDT) could not find any comments regarding sleep and wake for this board and DSDT.

Q- I've notice that MacMan has updated the DSDT database with this mobo to include F3 bios and F2 bios with HDMI Audio but the link is Dead. DSDT/Database/DSDT-GA-H61N-USB3-F2-HDMI.aml

Q- Could someone with this board GA-H61N-USB3 Rev. 1.0.0 F2 Shed some light on Sleep and HDMI Audio as well as any resources on how they got it to work?

(My apologizes if I'm posting in these questions in the wrong thread. Q- should these question should be posted in a new thread for people that are Building the CustoMac Mini 2011 but had to buy the alternate MOBO like me and are facing these same questions) Thank you.

Ola
I've get the same motheboard and processor with 8go of ram. I don't know why I get any freezes on the desktop.
Should I change something in my configurtation of multibeast ? o_O

cheers

We need a lot more information. (see Rules: faq.php) Please give us a list of all your's system components, and, then, a step by step list of how you installed Snow Leopard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back