Contribute
Register

[English] karacho's Hac-Mini - GA-H67N-USB3-B3 F7 GTX 550 TI

Status
Not open for further replies.
has anyone tried the S273HLbmii from acer in a gaming setup (doesnt matter if osx86 or bootcamp)?
ive heard that it has pretty unacceptable ghosting problems.

Sorry, I thought it is "karaoke" when I saw this thread at first time.

I have the same setup except im using on board graphics HD3000.

How do I enable these rather than having to type GraphicsEnabler=No, everytime?

Thanks

Karacho,

I read about your build and I was disappointed to hear of the OS freezing.

" 7th. Issues? Unfortunately yes...sometimes the System freezes, and I can't find anything about that in the logs"

This happened to me when running LION on my iMac (2008 20 inch with ATI Radeon 2600HD). And it's happening to many other Mac users. Even new machines with LION pre-installed are affected.

I was hoping that my Hackintosh would perform normally with LION because the hardware is very new compared to my iMac. But reading about your problem makes me feel worried. Do you know of many other Hack users that experience this freezing?

StudioK said:
Karacho,

I read about your build and I was disappointed to hear of the OS freezing.

" 7th. Issues? Unfortunately yes...sometimes the System freezes, and I can't find anything about that in the logs"

This happened to me when running LION on my iMac (2008 20 inch with ATI Radeon 2600HD). And it's happening to many other Mac users. Even new machines with LION pre-installed are affected.

I was hoping that my Hackintosh would perform normally with LION because the hardware is very new compared to my iMac. But reading about your problem makes me feel worried. Do you know of many other Hack users that experience this freezing?
It's the well known Fermi Freeze. Many Users have this experience with his Fermi Based Nvidia Cards. Try the Forum Search and just type "Fermi Freeze"...you'll see. I don't think your iMac is affectec by this Issue...it don't have an Nvidia 4xxx Card. So it should not be related to your Graphics Card

I did not know of the Fermi Freeze.

Have you replaced the GTX5xx card that was installed originally? If so, did the problems go away?

I had installed a nVidia GT 520 (which I believe is a FErmi), but replaced it because of excessive fan noise. I now use a quiet 9500 GT (which I presume is not fermi).

Thanks for the reply and information.

StudioK said:
I did not know of the Fermi Freeze.

Have you replaced the GTX5xx card that was installed originally? If so, did the problems go away?

I had installed a nVidia GT 520 (which I believe is a FErmi), but replaced it because of excessive fan noise. I now use a quiet 9500 GT (which I presume is not fermi).

Thanks for the reply and information.
Yeah, i replaced the nVidia with an ATI card as you can see in my Profile.

I have the GA-H67N-USB3-B3 F7 in my Customac, but am using the Intel HD3000 builtin graphics; no separate graphics card. Lion 10.7.3 working well. No freezes.

What I cannot get working are some of the mobo ports:
1. HDMI ports (only the one under the VGA connector works; other HDMI doesn't work). Using HDMI/DVI monitor cabling for both ports. On the second HDMI, I can see video during boot; once OS X starts, it is just a frozen screen.
2. eSATA port
3. USB3.0 ports

Do these require any BIOS settings? MultiBeast selections? I selected the eSATA in Multibeast but that had no effect. Any suggestions will be appreciated.
Thanks, Don

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back