Hi,

The title says it all,

Can only boot into safe mode.

Any idea ?

Hi,

The title says it all,

Can only boot into safe mode.

Any idea ?

I will take a wild stab in the dark here - are you expecting an NVIDIA GTX 750 Ti to work in Mountain Lion? Are you using the HD2500 graphics? If so then you need to add a suitable GPU.

Nvidia GT640 and GTX650 and above are suitable. There are some AMD cards that will also work. More here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...graphics-cards-framebuffer-personalities.html

More information is required to be able to answer with more helpful information.

can you put your hardware down below also what bios settings?

The Nvidia GTX is not plugged in I use internal graphics HD2500.
Mountain Lion works in safe mode with ethernet support.

My specs are just below my avatar and my bios is UEFI satamode set to AHCI.

The Nvidia GTX is not plugged in I use internal graphics HD2500.

HD2500 is not supported in 10.8.5 - you will need to use a compatible GPU to give you ability to boot without the -x (safe mode) instruction at the Chimera screen.

HD2500 only worked briefly in 10.8.3 and 10.8.4 - but Apple discontinued support in 10.8.5, there was support in Chimera to be able to let people use HD2500 as an option. If Apple still supported HD2500 then it would still work.

Here is the Buyers guide GPU options from Summer 2013 for Mountain Lion 10.8.4 & 10.8.5 builds:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/365-building-customac-buyer-s-guide-june-2013.html#gfx_cards

In fact I use the internal HD2500 on 10.8.5, it works only in safe mode.
Your solution would be to purchase new gear ?

Ok thanks,

i'll doublecheck anyway if I can find any nvidia drivers allowing me to use the GTX 750. It seems others around seem to make nvidia gear work.

OK SOLVED :)

Mountain Lion 10.8.5 works like a charm without safe mode fully operationnal :thumbup:
The problem was indeed the graphic card as you said Adrian. I tried another old NVIDIA GT9000 and works out of the box.

thanks

OK SOLVED :)

Mountain Lion 10.8.5 works like a charm without safe mode fully operationnal :thumbup:
The problem was indeed the graphic card as you said Adrian. I tried another old NVIDIA GT9000 and works out of the box.

thanks

Glad that solves using safe mode - should give better working screen resolution as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back