Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra LGA 1151 ATX Intel
CPU
Core i7-6700K SkyLake 4.0 GHz LGA 1151
Graphics
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, ACX 2.0
I managed to put together (build) the custo mac with all the parts as recommended by April's buyers guide.After 4 hours of careful unboxing and connections I encountered a system that comes on and reboots after a few seconds. This occurs continuously. There are no beeps from the motherboard complaining about anything.

Here are my build components
  1. Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra
  2. Core i7-6700K
  3. Corsair H60
  4. EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC
  5. Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (8GB) * 2
  6. Samsung 850 EVO 250GB *2 and
  7. Seagate Barracuda 1TB
  8. Corsair RM 650
  9. Corsair Carbide 300R
Pretty much April's guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/april/2017#CustoMac_Pro

I have it connected to a monitor and there's no image (i.e the monitor registers no output to it).
Here's what i've tried
  1. Tested the monitor on a different system. Works fine.
  2. Check the memory was correctly installed
  3. Removed everything except the CPU hydro pump and fan from the motherboard.
Still no luck.
The only thing i haven't done is unscrew the motherboard from the case and start again.
I'm yet to do that because i'm not sure what purpose it would serve.

Is there anyway to diagnose what the issue could be?

Any ideas. Most posts i've read have a reboot issue after installing things. I'm yet to get anywhere to even install anything.

No video output at all during the boot up has me concerned.

I managed to put together (build) the custo mac with all the parts as recommended by April's buyers guide.After 4 hours of careful unboxing and connections I encountered a system that comes on and reboots after a few seconds. This occurs continuously. There are no beeps from the motherboard complaining about anything.

Here are my build components
  1. Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD3 Ultra
  2. Core i7-6700K
  3. Corsair H60
  4. EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB SSC
  5. Crucial Ballistix Sport LT (8GB) * 2
  6. Samsung 850 EVO 250GB *2 and
  7. Seagate Barracuda 1TB
  8. Corsair RM 650
  9. Corsair Carbide 300R
Pretty much April's guide - https://www.tonymacx86.com/buyersguide/april/2017#CustoMac_Pro

I have it connected to a monitor and there's no image (i.e the monitor registers no output to it).
Here's what i've tried
  1. Tested the monitor on a different system. Works fine.
  2. Check the memory was correctly installed
  3. Removed everything except the CPU hydro pump and fan from the motherboard.
Still no luck.
The only thing i haven't done is unscrew the motherboard from the case and start again.
I'm yet to do that because i'm not sure what purpose it would serve.

Is there anyway to diagnose what the issue could be?

Any ideas. Most posts i've read have a reboot issue after installing things. I'm yet to get anywhere to even install anything.

No video output at all during the boot up has me concerned.

I fiddled with the memory again after removing everything but the cpu and fan, really gave it a firm push into the motherboard this time and ta-da the boot screen came on.
Now I'm stuck on OS X install. It freezes at the beginning after noting the appleUsbLegacy - but that's another issue I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back