Contribute
Register

Endless boot menu - El capitain - h170n-wifi (ISSUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asrock 270 Fatality mini-ITX
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
I am absolutely stuck with an endless boot screen. It's an entire day lost at this point.

Yesterday I've successifull installated El capitain (10.11.6) on a ga-h170n-wifi / i-3 6100,
following (the detailed guide ). But - respect to the guide - I experimented many secondary issue, from glitches, band,
or fixed resolution to 1600px in a imac 27" (2500px), no bluetooth, no sleep etc.

So I decided to make a fresh install of Sierra.

I created the USB, following the official "Instalation guide", this time.
But after the Bios setup, there is an endless and slow loading screen,
that ends in a gray screen (after a 15min). If I try to boot from USB Sierra, I get this screen.
none.jpg

So I decided to return to the original El capitain method, but, after creating the USB,
and boot from USB, I get an eternal boot screen, or the gray screen after the boot screen.

clover.jpg

(this is my clover screen)

NOTE:
1)I've cleared the CMOS, the Bios returned to factory, so it shouldn't be a Bios issue
2) The USB Sierra was created on a 10.12.3 Sierra installation

Thanks

Basically I can't reach the Apple MacOs install, and format the SSD, I am blocked in a sort of loop,
probably for some Bootloader-related issue...

Motherboard
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Yesterday I solved this situation by resetting the CMOS, and tying F12 at the bios screen
in a different way.
Instead of the see that gray Clover screen, I seen the Bios list-to-boot Gigabyte screen.

I chose the USB and I get a clover screen black with older icons...
Then I chose USB and I finally reach the Installation of Sierra!

Using imac 14,2 I finally get a good compatibility, but after installing the NVME patch...

Motherboard
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
After reboot I get the this (again) :banghead:
Foto%2029-01-17%2C%2013%2041%2015.jpg

Looking to this Clover screen I see in option that It seem remember the Os version:
clover10.jpg

I edit it with 10.12.2, restart, or edit and then boot from any disk, and I get the black screen above.

I am stuck again, and this time I can't get the Gigabite list-to-boot screen because Clover it seem override it.

Anyone can aid me to solve this Clover-related issues?
It's possible to boot from Bios directly to disk avoiding clover?

Last edited:
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Same problem here.. :( Except that yesterday I was unable to get prepared Sierra installation USB to boot and now I'm getting same screen with El Capitan. Already did this hackintosh thing few times with other hardware setup, not the first time in the boat. Bios settings according guide what you linked in your first post, CMOS cleared, tried three new USB sticks (different manufacturers).

Motherboard
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Same problem here.. :(
I understood something with some suggestion from moderators:
1) there is a clover script in EACH bootable drive: the USB, the SSD boot
2) sometimes clover "gray-flat-version" override the Gigabyte list boot when you push F12...
3) short the CMOS, try again by pressing F12 from when the hackintosh is OFF (don't wait the gigabyte screen)
4) now You get the bios list, reboot from USB flash disk, and You will se the black Clover screen

Now You can boot from USB and format SSD.
If you get kernel again, you should format your SSD from another MAC!

This is my little knowledge. Clover is not explained well in a single guide...
:problem:

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Vega 64
Yeah, I get Sierra installation running! I placed it on onother SSD using external USB case. At the beginning I could not understand why UniBeast keeps saying that it can't find disk with at least 7GB free (SSD is 120GB). Truncated partition to 20GB and problem was solved. Now waiting for installation ends, keeping my fingers crossed.

Status
Not open for further replies.