Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H
CPU
i7 2600k
Graphics
RX 560
Help! My setup was running fine using Intel onboard graphics, but I wanted to get the EVGA GT-740 working, it was black. Followed these instructions someone suggested:
  1. Open Config.Plist using Clover Configurator
  2. In Clover Select Boot under SECTIONS
  3. Uncheck nv_disable=1
  4. Select Graphics under SECTIONS
  5. Uncheck Inject Intel
  6. Select System Parameters under SECTIONS
  7. Check Inject NvidiaWeb
  8. Save config.plist
  9. Exit Clover Configurator
  10. Open config.plist in Clover Configurator
  11. Navigate RT Variables > CsrActivateConfig
  12. Change CsrActivateConfig to 0x00
  13. Restart Hackintosh
I plugged-in to graphics card, restarted, monitor working YES! But then it hung on endless boot mode.

What to do? It won’t boot from recovery mode either. I am able to view Clover boot loader (see attached) but don’t know what to do at this point. Is there a way to change setting in Clover boot window back to Intel Graphics just so I can work tomorrow? If so, how? Or is the GT-740 fix possible?

My set up;
GA – Z77 – DS3H motherboard
I7 2600 K
EVGA GT–740
High Sierra 10.13.6

Attachments

• IMG_6346.jpg
    IMG_6346.jpg
    594.9 KB · Views: 88
Help! My setup was running fine using Intel onboard graphics, but I wanted to get the EVGA GT-740 working, it was black. Followed these instructions someone suggested:
  1. Open Config.Plist using Clover Configurator
  2. In Clover Select Boot under SECTIONS
  3. Uncheck nv_disable=1
  4. Select Graphics under SECTIONS
  5. Uncheck Inject Intel
  6. Select System Parameters under SECTIONS
  7. Check Inject NvidiaWeb
  8. Save config.plist
  9. Exit Clover Configurator
  10. Open config.plist in Clover Configurator
  11. Navigate RT Variables > CsrActivateConfig
  12. Change CsrActivateConfig to 0x00
  13. Restart Hackintosh
I plugged-in to graphics card, restarted, monitor working YES! But then it hung on endless boot mode.

What to do? It won’t boot from recovery mode either. I am able to view Clover boot loader (see attached) but don’t know what to do at this point. Is there a way to change setting in Clover boot window back to Intel Graphics just so I can work tomorrow? If so, how? Or is the GT-740 fix possible?

My set up;
GA – Z77 – DS3H motherboard
I7 2600 K
EVGA GT–740
High Sierra 10.13.6

Got to bios and select PEG or PCIe as primary display output.
Use your cursor arrows to go to "options tab". Go to graphics settings and uncheck inject Nvidia, and uncheck web drivers. Next go to System preferences and look for the csrconfig. set it to 0x03FF. Next go back to top "boot arg." and type in nv_disable=1. Now return to clover screen and hit space bar once select verbose and then return to main menu and boot.

If you get into HS you need to download Web Drivers before you change any settings. Reply back if you recover.

Use your cursor arrows to go to "options tab". Go to graphics settings and uncheck inject Nvidia, and uncheck web drivers. Next go to System preferences and look for the csrconfig. set it to 0x03FF. Next go back to top "boot arg." and type in nv_disable=1. Now return to clover screen and hit space bar once select verbose and then return to main menu and boot.

If you get into HS you need to download Web Drivers before you change any settings. Reply back if you recover.
This is to use Intel graphics? Next steps to get Gt-740 working after HS boots?

This is to use Intel graphics? Next steps to get Gt-740 working after HS boots?

No this is to disable the HD graphics 2000 and get the Nvidia to boot.

After its booted without internal HD graphics you download the web drivers and install them then set web drivers=yes in System Prefrences section of clover and reboot.

Normal setup for Nvidia cards. After setting bios to PEG or Nvidia card as primary boot graphics and disabling the IGPU or internal graphics.

1). boot with nv_disable=1 boot arg.
2). download web drivers and install. remove nv_disable=1 boot arg.
3). open EFi and set config.plist to web drivers=true. This is found in system preferences section using clover configurator.
4). reboot.

In the GA Z77-DS3H Bios, do I enable or disable onboard graphics?

You said: System preferences and look for the csrconfig. set it to 0x03FF. I'm in the Clover boot screen and can't find where to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back