Contribute
Register

"End randomseed" reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've the same problem after updating clover.
Copied backup of the file OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to EFI as Laudrup comments and I have managed to boot ... but with the base card and not with the Nvidia ... I will continue reading ...

I have same issue. Moved RAM from B1/2 to A1/2. However now Clover freezes when I press space on boot args, so I can't enable verbose mode.

Asus Z370-A Prime, RAM is Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3466 and XMP profile is enabled. Disabling XMP didn't change anything.

edit: it appears that only mouse freezes, keyboard still works. So I can type -v instead of selecting flags.

Last edited:
I had this issue earlier today. I fixed it by installing Clover v2.4k r4411 on my macOS bootable USB with the following options:
  • Install for UEFI booting only (also selects Install Clover in the ESP)
  • Drivers64UEFI -> OsxAptioFixDrv-64

I did not have the option to change this during the Unibeast stage. But I did manage to add it in separately. Unfortunately I still keep getting stuck at :End RandomSeed ++++++++++++++++++++++
Don't know what to change to get past this problem.

This fixed my issue as well when I upgraded clover.
Got usb stick, mounted the efi from it, copied out the OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to downloads, then mounted the efi from my normal boot disk and copied the file back to efi/clover/drivers64UEFI.

With that sorted, about to try an in-place install of Mojave.. Carbon Copy Cloner at the ready in case it tanks! Thank you forums for having the info I needed when I needed it! :)

I've the same problem after updating clover.
Copied backup of the file OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi to EFI as Laudrup comments and I have managed to boot ... but with the base card and not with the Nvidia ... I will continue reading ...

I had the same issue. I simple put in my USB stick which has my High Sierra install on and installed OsxAptioFix3Driv-64 via clover configurator. After that the boot loop was rectified.

Thanks for the assistance!

I have the same problem after updating my Clover to r4700...

I have changed the memory(RAM) slots and the problem remained.

For my GA-Z68MX-UD2H-B3 I set the "Execute Disable Bit" to ENABLED in the BIOS on the BIOS Features tab. It went right by the random seed problem (and on to the next panic)

Thanks, this helped me on gaz77ds3h.

I love that someone said that it was the other USB port that fixed it and not the RAM config. So classic. Could definitely throw someone off for a good half hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back