Contribute
Register

"End randomseed" reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everybody. Had the very same problem, fixed the very same way (move ram from A2+B2 to A1+B1).
I've not installed the system yet, but at least the installer starts now.

If you're struggling with this - go for it, try placing the RAM to other slots.

Thanks everybody. Had the very same problem, fixed the very same way (move ram from A2+B2 to A1+B1).
I've not installed the system yet, but at least the installer starts now.

If you're struggling with this - go for it, try placing the RAM to other slots.
Having this issue with my mobo but all four RAM slots are full. Should I remove two?

Your memory needs to be in channels A1 + B1. The installer fails to boot without this. Resolved this same issue for me.

Thanks for the pointer. That will teach me a lesson not to mess around with my lone memory stick location just so it might be a bit cooler.

Having this issue with my mobo but all four RAM slots are full. Should I remove two?

I guess you could just try with 4 sticks and if it does not work - remove 2 and look further for the solution

Hello, I have an HP EliteBook 840 G4 / i7-7600 / 2x4GB RAM.
Tried with just 1 ram in Slot 1, and later Slot 2.... Same error.

Hello, I have an HP EliteBook 840 G4 / i7-7600 / 2x4GB RAM.
Tried with just 1 ram in Slot 1, and later Slot 2.... Same error.
This is the High Sierra Desktop Support forum
For help with your Laptop you should post in the relevant High Sierra Laptop Support forum.

Hello there,
I am having a very similar problem here:
My hackintosh (10.13.5) went smoothly until I updated Clover to the most recent version. Now boot process gets stuck at “end randomseed”. However, windows still boots properly.
I haven’t tried switching RAM from a2/b2 to a1/b1 because I would have to remove the cpu cooler. Are there any other suggestions out there? Are you guys only having this issue with the installation or also with running systems?

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• B9474ECE-BFDF-4FDF-8FEB-F9BA397F8D6F.jpeg
    B9474ECE-BFDF-4FDF-8FEB-F9BA397F8D6F.jpeg
    731.2 KB · Views: 1,093
Thank you BreBo! Don’t have time right now to work on it but quite sure that is the reason of my machine not booting.

update: connected my hard drive as external on another Mac and copied OsxAptioFix2Drv-64.efi and EmuVariableUefi-64.efi from the EFI-backups into the actual EFI partition. Problem solved ... hackintosh reporting back on duty :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back