Contribute
Register

End Of MacOS on Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's something that may interest Mac users:

Interesting indeed, but my experience with the recent OSes I've used or tested (until 10.13) is that any time I install a new OS there are more and more things I've got to disable to make it simply usable — and it needs a lot of investigation for discovering what are the processes that cripple my machine, whether I'd need them or not, etc. (not to talk about bugs that will stay forever, namely 10.11.6 Safari and Mail crashing with no apparent reason (even just oversized images or badly built websites! :-o ), kexts versions not appearing in column view, etc. — I've briefly tried 10.13.6 just to find other bugs while some old ones were cured...)
So, if I can agree with the idea of full security for basic users and more freedom for power users, I dream of a Terminal command like sudo setpoweruser than would allow us to customize MacOS in a wink. ;-)

I don't watch anything from that guy. He's a hater who looks for reasons to bash Apple and Mac users.

Louis is just a little bit biased against anything Apple makes from the few videos I've seen. He's a very angry and aggressive New Yawker. View with more than a few grains of salt. I do agree that some of the 2012-14 models are the best way to go. I upgrade the 2012's to an SSD for many people all the time and they are still rock solid for running Mojave and they can also run Catalina without jumping through hoops.
actually he just speak just technical facts and confirms my personal experience with Apple Computers.

I had several (G5, iBook, Powerbook, MBP's, iPods...) and all had a flaw's.
At least you get a complete new machine when it has been repaired 3 times.

Do you would really like to buy a Notebook with a unreliable butterfly keyboard ? or would have fun with broken ssd cables. (yes that happends to some models, i have a MPB like this...)

The best Apple product I owned so far is an iPad Air 2

Last edited:
I don't watch anything from that guy. He's a hater who looks for reasons to bash Apple and Mac users.

That's the way he makes money, he found his niche and that is hate. Which is a prevalent sentiment among the Mac community nowadays, ironically mostly due to people watching and being influenced in their opinions by people like this guy.

If you understand how Youtube works, that's how it works mostly nowadays. It works on clickbait. Thing is, the human mind is designed to be attracted to drama, less to positive, more to negative. So having a "this Mac is awesome" video title doesn't perform as good as "WARNING! 10 reasons why you SHOULDN'T buy this". See, you're even tempted to click on the second example now even though it's just an example.

Other reason for hate is that when you have something you stop appreciating it. You want more and more. When Apple can't provide that new toy you think will make you happy for a few days, you grow resentful.

It's the main reason why I'm taking a break from Mac forums that seem full of entitled spoiled brats or grumpy old men - and looking towards the hackintosh again. People here are still enthusiastic about things and helpful towards each other.

Mac communities not so much, they are completely toxic now. Like having a faster machine will instantly make you 3 times more productive. Really? I've been around the block and that's not how it works. Or keyboard issues, ok your mac isn't perfect but what product is?

Like you demand absolute perfection from Apple in return for your money, but you got that money in return for your work. Was your work perfect? Was your design perfect, your code bug-free? No. So why demand perfection from other people when you can't deliver perfection yourself?

"But I paid so much for it" - Bish please, in my experience the people saying this live in a first world country. They can afford a new mac in a month or two if they really wanted. Ironically, the people who have way less, who live in countries where the average income is 10-20 times less, those are the people who should be completely devastated when their Mac breaks and it's not insured. Yet I've never seen them get negative when bad things happen and shake their fist at the sky, they understand that stuff breaks sometimes and that's it.

Isn't it funny how the people who have less are more happy?

P.S.: Sorry for the rant, thanks for reading

That's the way he makes money, he found his niche and that is hate. Which is a prevalent sentiment among the Mac community nowadays, ironically mostly due to people watching and being influenced in their opinions by people like this guy.

If you understand how Youtube works, that's how it works mostly nowadays. It works on clickbait. Thing is, the human mind is designed to be attracted to drama, less to positive, more to negative. So having a "this Mac is awesome" video title doesn't perform as good as "WARNING! 10 reasons why you SHOULDN'T buy this". See, you're even tempted to click on the second example now even though it's just an example.

Other reason for hate is that when you have something you stop appreciating it. You want more and more. When Apple can't provide that new toy you think will make you happy for a few days, you grow resentful.

It's the main reason why I'm taking a break from Mac forums that seem full of entitled spoiled brats or grumpy old men - and looking towards the hackintosh again. People here are still enthusiastic about things and helpful towards each other.

Mac communities not so much, they are completely toxic now. Like having a faster machine will instantly make you 3 times more productive. Really? I've been around the block and that's not how it works. Or keyboard issues, ok your mac isn't perfect but what product is?

Like you demand absolute perfection from Apple in return for your money, but you got that money in return for your work. Was your work perfect? Was your design perfect, your code bug-free? No. So why demand perfection from other people when you can't deliver perfection yourself?

"But I paid so much for it" - Bish please, in my experience the people saying this live in a first world country. They can afford a new mac in a month or two if they really wanted. Ironically, the people who have way less, who live in countries where the average income is 10-20 times less, those are the people who should be completely devastated when their Mac breaks and it's not insured. Yet I've never seen them get negative when bad things happen and shake their fist at the sky, they understand that stuff breaks sometimes and that's it.

Isn't it funny how the people who have less are more happy?

P.S.: Sorry for the rant, thanks for reading

Yup, I understand he wants clicks and that's why I refuse to do so. I find the guy insulting and the last thing I want to do is support him with another click.

I'm New Yorker and his store is probably within walking distance, but I'd rather trash a defective piece of hardware than to patronize him.

he found his niche and that is hate.
actually he repairs mac's and makes people happy in contrast to apple, no?
I don't know him in person so I can't tell you if he is a bad guy, but I like people fixing, rather than throwing away repairable things. What a waste of resources.

your code bug-free?
of course other case we won't get paid, and if something doesn't work as expected, it get fixed until it works 100%.
'Fixing' hardware / design 'bug's', are a whole different story ...

No rant, No offense, just experience and facts. peace

Last edited:
of course other case we won't get paid, and if something doesn't work as expected, it get fixed until it works 100%.

No offense but you're not a software developer, are you?

Bug free code does not exist.

No offense but you're not a software developer, are you?

anything fine, I am a software developer, read carefully what I wrote:

than you make something wrong ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back