Contribute
Register

End Of MacOS on Intel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apple released new MacBook Pros about 3-4 days ago and they used Intel CPUs...

Could or maybe not, If the i9's are a success then they have no reason to cut ties with intel.

Come on guys !!! In the age of open source projects, hackers & obviously with the help @tonymacx86 hackintosh community we will find a way even if apple use their own "extraterrestrial" CPU. We are not living in 2000. Remember if there is a will there is a way. And let the Apple's moles in this community be happy for some time :lol:

So don't stop hackintoshing. There are lot of real problems exists around the world, just think about that.

I still don't believe an A12-14 chip will be able to power a 2019 Mac Pro anywhere close to the way an 18 or 22 core Xeon will. Maybe Apple will split off their Pro machines from the Macbooks and Mac Minis etc. and keep using Intel in their Pro lineup for the forseeable future. If they do surprise us with an A13 based (multiple A13s) New Mac Pro next year, all hell will break loose as they say. Don't see that happening though. They'd probably lose most of their Pro user base. They've stated recently how important those people are to Apple. So many run Windows in a dual boot with MacOS for some very good reasons. They would then need a separate high end PC just to run Windows, that gets very expensive and inconvenient for the end user.

Last edited:
I still don't believe an A12-14 chip will be able to power a 2019 Mac Pro anywhere close to the way an 18 or 22 core Xeon will. Maybe Apple will split off their Pro machines from the Macbooks and Mac Minis etc. and keep using Intel in their Pro lineup for the forseeable future. If they do surprise us with an A13 based (multiple A13s) New Mac Pro next year, all hell will break loose as they say. Don't see that happening though. They'd lose most of their Pro user base and they've stated recently how important they are to Apple.
Yeah exactly. Although I would split between the Desktop machines and the Macbooks.
I can see an Apple made chip be absolutely great on a 12 inch Macbook and be optimized very well to be one of the best laptop on the market... I mean Battery life could be crazy good.
iMacs on the other side might take quite awhile since Apple doesn't do chips for desktops yet and has nearly no experience on this side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back