i7 3770
Graphics
HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
In my Gigabyte z77-ds3h + i7 3770 Mavericks setup, I need to open a VirtualBox Virtual Machine that requires vt-d.
When I enable vt-d in bios, boot fails. Is there a way to enable vt-d?

In my Gigabyte z77-ds3h + i7 3770 Mavericks setup, I need to open a VirtualBox Virtual Machine that requires vt-d.

Some motherboards will boot OS X with VT-d enabled, others won't. Simply said, it appears you can't enable it on your board.

EDIT: I poked around a little and read that sometimes adding the boot flag "dart=0" to your /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist will allow you to boot with VT-d enabled in the BIOS. However, all this does is disable VT-d in the CPU, so it's kind of a moot point. I also found the following:

dart=0
Disables the VT-d virtualization technology built into certain Intel processors. For Hackintoshes, VT-d is pretty useless; virtually no Mac OS X applications use it (virtualization apps like Virtualbox tend to use the alternative VT-x technology instead), and certain Hackintosh motherboards have been known to crash in Mac OS X when VT-d is enabled.

Sorry for digging this threat out. ;-)
Any news for vt-d? got it working?
I will do the same with a hawell build. Plan to buy msi q87m board or a Gigabyte z87mx to use vt-d. Greetings

I enabled VT-d today to get a VirtualBox VM running, and seems to work just fine under Mavericks 10.9.1 (and using Clover UEFI boot loader)

I enabled VT-d today to get a VirtualBox VM running, and seems to work just fine under Mavericks 10.9.1 (and using Clover UEFI boot loader)

nice ;) will this suitable for gigabyte z87mx board or the msi q87m board ?

what bios version do you have installed ? is it original or ozmosis ?

greetings.

I have Intel Virtualization enabled in my BIOS on my z77x-UP5-TH and can boot fine as well as run Virtual Box.

Using the "dart=0" may cause any problems to the proper functioning of osx ?

According to http://ark.intel.com/products/65520 your proc doesn't support vt-d. So as I understand enabling or disabling it in the BIOS actually does nothing.

It is supported, I use it and I have the same processor (i5-3570k)

If you ran a Windows Server in 64 Bit (VMWare), you have to enabled VT-D, otherwise you won't be able to boot the virtual machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back