Contribute
Register

Enabling vt-d in Mavericks

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is supported, I use it and I have the same processor (i5-3570k)

Hmm, its weird. Intel specifications says
[TR="class: tech"]
Intel® Virtualization Technology for Directed I/O (VT-d) ‡
No

It is supported, I use it and I have the same processor (i5-3570k)

If you ran a Windows Server in 64 Bit (VMWare), you have to enabled VT-D, otherwise you won't be able to boot the virtual machine.
There are NO VT-d in Intel i5-3570K processors!!!
VT-d is not the same thing as VT-x. I believe that you're getting the two of them mixed up.
VT-d using for direct PCI passthrough. It means that virtual machine have control of some devices directly.
Personally i newer heard that WMware Fusion or Parallel Desktop on Mac has any VT-d. Ever! :)

I know only 3 virtualization environments with VT-d support:
1. Hyper-V
2. Xen
3. VBox (Linux only?)

And VmWare Player in Windows. With VT-D disabled, there is no function. And with VT-D enabled, Yosemite have problems (not at boot).

I will try to enable in BIOS and using dart=0 in Clover for OSX.

I have a peculiar issue to add to this thread. I've had a virtual box installed and working on my rig for years. Recently, after a failed upgrade attempt, I reverted and reinstalled my system using CCC, however, now it won't complete start-up with VT-d and Virtual Tech. enabled. I believe they were disabled when I reinstalled with CCC.

Does anyone know, do I have to reinstall my system AGAIN from back-up with those BIOS settings enabled for it to work again?

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back