Graphics
MSI Radeon 7950 3GB
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
This is for the GA-Z77X-UD5H bios, but should work on other motherboards with the same BIOS feature settings.

Enable USB 3.0 BIOS settings:

1) XHCI = Smart Auto

2) XHCI Pre-Boot = Enabled

3) EHCI Handoff = Enabled

4) XHCI Hand-off = Enabled

Ritey ..

This is for the GA-Z77X-UD5H bios, but should work on other motherboards with the same BIOS feature settings.

Enable USB 3.0 BIOS settings:

1) XHCI = Smart Auto

2) XHCI Pre-Boot = Enabled

3) EHCI Handoff = Enabled

4) XHCI Hand-off = Enabled

Ritey ..

Thank you Ritey, this worked for me. I just upgraded my Windows SSD to Win8, and Win8 doesn't support internal exFAT drives, so I got a USB 3.0 external enclosure, but I was getting USB 2.0 speeds. Once I switched to XHCI=Smart Auto, then I was able to get USB 3.0 speeds.

Thanks a bunch. It sucks Windows 8 doesn't support internal SATA exFAT drives (you can read them but you cannot write to them), now you need an external DATA drive if you want to easily share between OS X and Windows 8. I guess Windows 7 was better in that regard.

Can anyone else confirm this? Trying to figure out how to enable USB 3 speeds myself. Also using the UD5H MB

Worked for me. I was only getting 27 MB/s Write and 34 MB/s read to/from a LaCie portable drive, using the rear USB 3 ports. After swtiching XHCI to Smart Auto from Auto, the speeds jumped to approx. 100 MB/s.

The other settings were already enabled.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back