Graphics
XFX-R7870
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey guys... So Yosemite installs fine and if I run multibeast I can select any option without issue but if I select TRIM and then build, when I restart I get the grey screen with the circle crossed out and I can't do anything and am forced to re-install. I'm using a GA-Z77X-UD3H and the ssd is an a data SP600.

I guess I will run without TRIM for now but I don't understand why if I run multibeast with the TRIM option it locks everything.

can you post a screenshot of where it hangs? Boot with -v

From what I've read there is a new security feature in Yosemite, where Apple is applying digital signatures to their kexts. This means that if they're hacked/modified/etc then the signatures no longer correspond to the contents of the kexts and they won't be loaded.

I encountered the "no" symbol after I ran MB to enable trim and rebooted. Couldn't do a thing with it. Had to reinstall Yosemite and re-run MB afterwards, but this time I tried it w/o enabling trim, and it worked. I'm up & running w/Yosemite.

I haven't tried installing Yosemite on my hackintosh, but I did install it on my 2010 macbook pro with aftermarket SSD. I found this helpful and it worked to enable trim for me: http://www.cindori.org/trim-enabler-and-yosemite/

Based on that, I would try multibeast initially without trim enabled. You could then use the cindori trim enabler to override the kext signing requirement. You could then either use that trim enabler app, or uninstall it and use the multibeast trim enabler. Best of luck.

Last edited:
OK, so kext-dev-mode=1 disables the signature checks, which is probably why MB has it set by default. It's all making sense now. I don't remember having removed that flag when I had the "no" symbol, but I guess I did somehow. Thanks for the clarification.

Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 5.47.24 PM.pngI used Chameleon SSD optimizer on my macbook with crucial m4.
Newest version supports Yosemite.Works perfectly requires reboot.Screen Shot 2014-10-18 at 5.34.54 PM.png

Hey guys... So Yosemite installs fine and if I run multibeast I can select any option without issue but if I select TRIM and then build, when I restart I get the grey screen with the circle crossed out and I can't do anything and am forced to re-install. I'm using a GA-Z77X-UD3H and the ssd is an a data SP600.

I guess I will run without TRIM for now but I don't understand why if I run multibeast with the TRIM option it locks everything.

I had the same problem on Z77-DS3H and Samsung SSD. With -v it gets hung up with "still waiting for root device". If I boot with -x, it does boot. It took me about 4 installations till I came to the conclusion it was TRIM doing it.

Lucky the SSD installations go quick... lol

Attachments

• IMG_0002_2.jpg
    IMG_0002_2.jpg
    865.3 KB · Views: 216
Last edited:

I think this is where mine failed also. With TRIM enabled, my BIOS settings reverted to IDE...really didn't think that was possible. Then of course, there is the moment of panic when you can't access your cloned drive or Time Machine backup because you booted in IDE mode. I'm in the process of a re-install, so we'll see what happens. I'm still wondering about using the AppleACPIPlatform rollback. I'll work out the sound issues later, as usual.

And another little tip... my TM backup was on a USB 3.0 drive plugged into a USB 3.0 port. Obviously, the installer won't see it during the registration screens because USB 3.0 support is not enabled until you do so in MultiBeast. Sort of a "duh" moment for me. Now, of course, restoring a TM backup over USB 2.0 means I'll be sitting here for a week - it says 18 minutes...uh huh - but at least it's possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back