Contribute
Register

Enabling onboard Intel HD as well as GeForce / Nvidia 9600GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So onboard iGPU is working? With full Graphics Acceleration?

The iGPU is certainly working thanks to your config.plist and me setting the initial GPU to PCI (the GeForce) but I'm a bit out of touch as to how I confirm full QE / Graphics Acceleration. Used to be something like dragging icons form the dock and if you got the little 'cloud puff' you had acceleration? I forget.

Would be interested in knowing how I find out. Screenshot shows the current details of the internal GPU.

Mac_Pro.png

The iGPU is certainly working thanks to your config.plist and me setting the initial GPU to PCI (the GeForce) but I'm a bit out of touch as to how I confirm full QE / Graphics Acceleration. Used to be something like dragging icons form the dock and if you got the little 'cloud puff' you had acceleration? I forget.

Would be interested in knowing how I find out. Screenshot shows the current details of the internal GPU.

View attachment 210188

Looks to be working fine to me. Without Acceleration you will have horrible graphics which is laggy.

It's certainly not laggy. The internal GPU is feeding an old-model Apple Cinema display and looking great.

Once again - really kind of you to help out, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve

IMG_20160912_152936.jpg

Hi,

I've worked with my current setup for a week now but there's something rather strange.

After my initial excitement that all three screens were working perfectly (two on a GeForce 9600 and one via onboard Intel HD4600) - which they still are - I found that I have to go through a bizarre BIOS editing sequence whenever I boot from cold (machine has been shutdown). Waking from sleep is ok and IIRC restarting the machine from an 'all screens working fine' state is also ok. This strange situation only happens after the box has been shutdown.

This is the sequence I have to go through to end up with a successful boot and all three GPUs working correctly.

1) From shutdown > power up the machine, go into BIOS and set the onboard Intel HD as the primary GPU. Continue reboot, the system will get half way through booting and never finish - so I reset....

2) Reboot the machine again, go into the BIOS and set PCI (the GeForce) as my primary GPU. Continue booting and everything comes up fine - all three screens (both GPUs are working fine with no tearing or lag on the Intel HD)

If I boot from cold with PCI as my primary GPU the system boots ok but the Intel GPU display is all broken up and unusable. Simply rebooting gets me the same thing, which is when I go through steps 1 & 2 ^^ and all is well with all GPU.

This is 100% reproducible, it's a ritual I go through each time I boot from cold. I realize that one obvious answer would be to just sleep the system instead of shutting it down but.... Just wondered if there were any suggestions?

Cheers,

Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back