Contribute
Register

Enabling onboard Intel HD as well as GeForce / Nvidia 9600GT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock Z490M-ITX/ac
CPU
i7-10700
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi,

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-SLI (http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4778#ov ) which I'm reliably informed is the same spec as the http://www.gigabyte.com.au/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4764#ov
Graphics: Nvidia / GeForce 9600GT & Intel built-in GPU (System Profiler shows: ox8086)
Bootloader: Clover from Unibeast / Multibeast

Over the weekend I upgraded my existing Yosemite system to El Capitain - all good except for I can't figure out how to have the motherboard's internal Intel HD GPU running at the same time as the PCIe GeForce 9600 GPU.

On Yosemite the internal GPU 'just worked' and it was harder to get the 9600 up & running. This time around the dual-head 9600 is driving two monitors perfectly with Nvidia injected by Clover during boot. My problem is firing up the motherboard's DVI (Intel GPU) as well, which was fine under Yosemite.

Can anyone suggest something to try please? I've confirmed that 'integrated graphics' is enabled in the BIOS and read through the 'Read Me First' post (http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/read-me-first-graphics-setup-troubleshooting.183617/) in this section of the forums.

Sadly 'GraphicsEnabler=No' didn't help and neither did 'InjectIntel=True' as Clover boot args. El Capitain's System Report lists the Intel GPU but states 'No Kext Loaded'. Which gives me a hint at the problem....but not a solution. :)

Cheers,

Steve
System_Report.png

Last edited:
Sadly 'GraphicsEnabler=No' didn't help and neither did 'InjectIntel=True' as Clover boot args. El Capitain's System Report lists the Intel GPU but states 'No Kext Loaded'. Which gives me a hint at the problem....but not a solution. :)
Neither of those are boot arguments. Inject / Intel = True is a setting in your config.plist. Make sure the integrated GPU is configured as primary graphics device in your BIOS.

Thanks for the reply.

That's interesting, I always thought GraphicsEnabler= and InjectIntel= could be used as temporary boot args from the likes of Clover or Chimera (granted they can also feature as permanent entries in config.plist ) Anyway - your suggestion did make a difference so I'll keep it in mind for the future, but it wasn't quite what I'd hoped for.

Setting internal graphics to be the primary GPU in my BIOS got the display on my motherboard DVI socket to fire up (i.e; using internal graphics), but the system gets 3/4 of the way and then reboots. Neither monitor attached to the GeForce fired up.

Booting in verbose mode didn't reveal much either - no problems are listed until the inevitable 'BlueTooth' error message at the very end immediately before a reboot happens - which disappears too quickly for me to photograph.

The hunt for a solution goes on. Meantime I've set BIOS primary graphics card back to being the Nvidia / GeForce PCIe card and the system boots fine again. Without internal graphics support of course.

Cheers,

Steve

Thanks for the reply.

That's interesting, I always thought GraphicsEnabler= and InjectIntel= could be used as temporary boot args from the likes of Clover or Chimera (granted they can also feature as permanent entries in config.plist ) Anyway - your suggestion did make a difference so I'll keep it in mind for the future, but it wasn't quite what I'd hoped for.

Setting internal graphics to be the primary GPU in my BIOS got the display on my motherboard DVI socket to fire up (i.e; using internal graphics), but the system gets 3/4 of the way and then reboots. Neither monitor attached to the GeForce fired up.

Booting in verbose mode didn't reveal much either - no problems are listed until the inevitable 'BlueTooth' error message at the very end immediately before a reboot happens - which disappears too quickly for me to photograph.

The hunt for a solution goes on. Meantime I've set BIOS primary graphics card back to being the Nvidia / GeForce PCIe card and the system boots fine again. Without internal graphics support of course.

Cheers,

Steve

You need IGPU-Platform ID and (inject intel set to true).

Interesting, thanks. How do i find my IGPU-PlatformID ? Presumably it's not as easy as taking the Device ID from the Mac's System Report ? (Shows as 0x0412 according to the screenshot, above )

I'd also like to confirm what version of Intel HD graphics my board has, the Gigabyte site just said 'Intel HD'. Board is a Gigabyte Z87X-SLI

Cheers,

Steve

Interesting, thanks. How do i find my IGPU-PlatformID ? Presumably it's not as easy as taking the Device ID from the Mac's System Report ? (Shows as 0x0412 according to the screenshot, above )

I'd also like to confirm what version of Intel HD graphics my board has, the Gigabyte site just said 'Intel HD'. Board is a Gigabyte Z87X-SLI

Cheers,

Steve

Which CPU do you have?

Intel Core i5 3.19GHz

Aha, I think the penny just dropped - it's the CPU that determines which Intel HD video I have, not the motherrboard?

Intel Core i5 3.19GHz

Aha, I think the penny just dropped - it's the CPU that determines which Intel HD video I have, not the motherrboard?

Need to know which model CPU you have to determine if it has HD 4600 or not.

More detail than 'Intel Core i5 3.19GHz' ?

This is what System Profiler shows:

Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3.19 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Bus Speed: 400

More detail than 'Intel Core i5 3.19GHz' ?

This is what System Profiler shows:

Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 3.19 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per Core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 6 MB
Memory: 8 GB
Bus Speed: 400

Look in the BIOS. Reboot the hack press delete and go into System Information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back