Contribute
Register

Enabling HD 3000 graphics on 7-series motherboards, and HD 4000 on 6-series motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Article: Enabling HD 3000 graphics on 7-series motherboards, and HD 4000 on 6-series motherboards

Hi.

I finally succeeded on making ML identifying the HD3000. I had to use macmini5,1 smbios, GE=Yes and remove PCIRootUID=1 from boot options. I also had to install SSDT for i5 /i7 Overclock from MB in order to remove the KP when using macmini5,1. Now its identifies correctly the Intel HD Graphics 3000 512 MB and sys info shows:

Intel HD Graphics 3000:

Chipset Model: Intel HD Graphics 3000
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 512 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x0126
Revision ID: 0x0009
Displays:
SyncMaster:
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 @ 60 Hz
Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)
Display Serial Number: H9MS805166
Main Display: Yes
Mirror: Off
Online: Yes
Rotation: Supported
Television: Yes

But I think I still don't have hardware acceleration. My dashboard is terribly slow, the finder menu is opaque, can't play MKV or YouTube videos and GLView doesn't show the HD3000, only "Apple Software Renderer". In system.log I have this message "SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload" twice.

Please, does anyone have any suggestion?

Thanks a lot!

Another vote for adding it to MultiBeast!

Article: Enabling HD 3000 graphics on 7-series motherboards, and HD 4000 on 6-series motherboards

[Help Please...!!

I have a mobo Asus P8Z77-V and I use as Graphic Card Intel HD 4000, DVI works well with full resolution of my screen 1680x1050, but HDMI is not working, when I connect my HDMI cable to my Screen Samsung 40 inches Serie 5, the apple on my Samsung screen is loading but when the desktop should appears, it freezes, so the only case where I can go to my desktop is with DVI port.

Any solution please?

I'll appreciate that as I need my HDMI port to work so I can use my second monitor for video editing.

Best Regards,
daggard

Could this process be adapted to other systems with a similar issue?
Where do the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext IOPCIPrimaryMatch 0x1C3A8086, AppleIntelFramebufferCapri.kext IOPCIPrimaryMatch 0x1E3A8086 numbers come from which need to be replaced?

opps I just did this I have a core i3-2120 processor on a H77N board… now it fails to boot up

Definitely helped me. Plz add this to multibeast as well!

Definitely helped me. Plz add this to multibeast as well!
If you had used search you would have seen it's already in MultiBeast for Mountain Lion.

But i can not find those 2 kexts in my Extensions folder (ls -lia) , why 's that @@, i have HD3000 and i have it checked while installation @@

Hy guys
I have
GAZ77DS3H with i5-2500k and install is mostly ok only I can not boot into system after rebooting...i have to to BIOS and from there to surch boot options.Beide this OS working ok with some flashing during luncher page and some browser pages.
insteadof boot i get Warning screan is showing GPU=Boot0 *black.

when I intal it with NvidiaGforceGT630 mostlyeverything is ok only then after I can not boot eder with diference that i have only black screan...
please help..

Seems this feature implemented in latest MultiBeast, but it doesn't work for me. HD 4000 isn't displayed in system info (about).

GA H67N-USB3-B3 - I7 3770 (will probably get 77N mother board, was in a hurry when trying to build my first hack, bought missmatching mobo and cpu :()

Mountain Lion 10.8.4 - MultiBeast 5.4.1

had to use earlier MultiBeast to make Audio Work btw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back