Contribute
Register

Enabling HD 3000 graphics on 7-series motherboards, and HD 4000 on 6-series motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
No info.plist is displaying after I show package contents and then open contents.

There's no info.plist showing in the contents folder.

this article was extremely helpful. i just finished building a new server rig reusing most of the parts from my old hackintosh.

sandy bridge 2600k, stock
asus p8z77-i deluxe, flash back rom, optimized bios
8 gb mushkin ram
pci sata card from monoprice with silicon image 3121
bitfenix prodigy
corsair h80
corsair builder series cx600

installing os x 10.8 was pretty straight forward with the new guide and the new multibeast. graphics proved to be a problem though, until i read this. prior to this guide i was able to force a resolution via chameleon wizard but had to boot graphics enabler=no, and it only showed 64mb of vram.

after this guide, it still showed only 64mb of vram, but could now boot with graphics enabler=yes. messing with the vram in the bios was no help. later i realized i had the wrong pci root setting set in my smbios. adjusted this with chameleon wizard and rebooted. after that, full resolution and accelerated graphics via graphics enabler yes!

a side note, after i got the graphics working, the hackintosh would not shutdown, only restart. after working on it for another hour, i removed the pci sata raid card and i was able to shut down. adding it back in, and it would reboot whenever i would try to shutdown. switching to pci root 0 would allow me to shutdown, but would hose the graphics back to 64mb vram.

finally i realized i did not have the kext for that raid card installed, downloaded them from the silicon image website and presto.
full graphics and able to shutdown the machine without it rebooting and it was reading the sata raid card. i'm on my 5th hackintosh and every one has had its challenges, but it's never been as simple and straightforward as it today, thanks in part to this community and site.

Working perfectly on a Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H with i3-2105 (HD3000 graphics) and got me out of build problem nicely. My vote for a worthwhile addition to MultiBeast. Thank you.

Article: Enabling HD 3000 graphics on 7-series motherboards, and HD 4000 on 6-series motherboards

There's no info.plist showing in the contents folder.

i had to use the show all files command via terminal. a script used to be included in multibeast but it was removed. do quick google search. i'm not sure why it doesnt show up for some people.

So if i have an Z77 MB and an Ivy Bridge i5, i cant get HD 4000?

Thank you for this guide. I am planning an ivy bridge upgrade on my z68x ud3h b3 mobo. The kext mod seems pretty much straight forward but my vote also goes to a multibeast integration ;)
Regards

Article: Enabling HD 3000 graphics on 7-series motherboards, and HD 4000 on 6-series motherboards

So if i have an Z77 MB and an Ivy Bridge i5, i cant get HD 4000?
no it means it should work by default no patching needed

Been doing this since day 1 of Mountain Lion on my Z77 board with i5 2500K. Agree it is the most elegant solution.

Of course alternative for these scenarios is to simply make sure the MEIdriver id is right for the kext you want to load and to simply trash the kext you don't want to load. I prefer to keep the kext though just in case I decide to upgrade my CPU to Ivy and then I can switch the ids back again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back