Contribute
Register

Enabling HD 3000 graphics on 7-series motherboards, and HD 4000 on 6-series motherboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use Z68MA with
Ivy Bridge using HD 4000 graphics.
I made the suggested modification and here the results:
GraphicsEnabler =Yes doesn't work, still get
artifacts.
GraphicsEnabler =No doesn't work, still get 64mb shared ram
With -x (SafeBoot) option it works perfectly
Graphics Intel HD Graphics 4000 512 MB

Update: set bios Video mem to 96Mb, GE=yes now fully working

Please add this to multibeast.. I will try the manual process described above and see if it fixes my problem first though.. currently waiting for another install of ML to finish.

Article: Enabling HD 3000 graphics on 7-series motherboards, and HD 4000 on 6-series motherboards

Please add it. Im using B75 with a i3 Dual Core Sandy Bridge with graphics (2120 I think)

Thanks!

Similar here.. core i3 w/ b75. I'd love to see it in MultiBeast!

I will try the manual edit though too.

if you look at my short history of posts you will see I was banging my head against the wall on this. I finally gave up and bought a cheap 8400gs video card. PLEASE add it.

Awesome. Works great. Thanks, been messing with this for about a week.

I have a question. I am running a Z68 with an intel i5 ivy bridge, so that's intel hd 4000 graphics, but I appear to be missing the AppleIntelFrameBuffer kext and the other one doesn't appear to have the info.plist. Should I have ran multibeast with some sort of graphics checked first?

I assume that if I have an H61N motherboard and Ivy Bridge, I will have to follow Tonymac's described steps the other way around. correct?

Article: Enabling HD 3000 graphics on 7-series motherboards, and HD 4000 on 6-series motherboards

I think it would be worth while adding to MultiBeast if it is straight forward for you guys to do. One reason is that some users in a month or two may not find this guide on the home page as new articles and guides move it off the home page or a few pages back.

Your guide here is simple and straight forward to follow though.

can someone explain to me why this is better than just injecting the other device-id of the MEI device via DSDT? if you inject via DSDT, you don't have to hack kexts every time an update is released, right?

or am I missing something...?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back