GTX 560 Ti 1.25GB
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello all,

I have been fortunate enough to be able to get my hackintosh up and running today (GA-Z77X-UD5H, Ivy Core i7 3770K).

I was able to get ML installed an running, but was only able to use the integrated HD4000 GPU. When I tried to install the "driver"/kext using multibeast for my discrete GPU (GTX 560 Ti), the ML install would no longer work with either the HD4000 nor the GTX 560ti...can anyone help me through configuring my machine properly for the GTX 560 Ti? I had to reinstall ML again because of this...

Thank you all

I was having the same issue with my GTX560ti, repeated installation failures attempting to run multi beast. Had to switch to HD5770 to complete install. Sorry no advice but I'll be following your thread as I would like to get the 560ti running.

Can anyone else possibly share a solution? My discrete GPU is sitting on my desk unused....hopefully we can work it out so it doesn't stay that way... :)

Hello all,

I have been fortunate enough to be able to get my hackintosh up and running today (GA-Z77X-UD5H, Ivy Core i7 3770K).

I was able to get ML installed an running, but was only able to use the integrated HD4000 GPU. When I tried to install the "driver"/kext using multibeast for my discrete GPU (GTX 560 Ti), the ML install would no longer work with either the HD4000 nor the GTX 560ti...can anyone help me through configuring my machine properly for the GTX 560 Ti? I had to reinstall ML again because of this...

Thank you all

install mountain lion again using this bootlog.. PCIRootUID=0 and then after install success.. type this bootleg PCIRootUID=0 -x and then on safe mode install only the dsdt file then reboot ur computer,, it would be good foru.

install mountain lion again using this bootlog.. PCIRootUID=0 and then after install success.. type this bootleg PCIRootUID=0 -x and then on safe mode install only the dsdt file then reboot ur computer,, it would be good foru.

Two questions please!

Does this also work if i install over an existing ML?
Because now i only can boot up with PCIRootUID=1 in org.chameleon.Boot.plist, maybe it's that why i and a lot of other users have sleep/wake issues?.

by the way, i have a nVidia GTS 450 not a GTX 560 Ti, but maybe this will solve the Monitor issues etc...

thanks

Two questions please!

Does this also work if i install over an existing ML?
Because now i only can boot up with PCIRootUID=1 in org.chameleon.Boot.plist, maybe it's that why i and a lot of other users have sleep/wake issues?.

thanks

well i havent tried it though.. u can try it and see.. i have used this when installing a fresh instal.

well i havent tried it though.. u can try it and see.. i have used this when installing a fresh instal.

another quick question, for me why OSX is injecting my Graphic Card only with PCIRootUID=1, it's because i have set in Bios PCI Slot 1-16 or should i better set it to PCI only? Or does this nothing to do with PCIRootUID=1, would be very helpful to know.

thanks

another quick question, for me why OSX is injecting my Graphic Card only with PCIRootUID=1, it's because i have set in Bios PCI Slot 1-16 or should i better set it to PCI only? Or does this nothing to do with PCIRootUID=1, would be very helpful to know.

thanks

well OSX in my vision injects the PCIRootUID=1 by default... for mountain lion if we are getting graphic problems.> WE have to set it to PCIRootUID=0 .. and then we can install it.

I was having the same issue with my GTX560ti, repeated installation failures attempting to run multi beast. Had to switch to HD5770 to complete install. Sorry no advice but I'll be following your thread as I would like to get the 560ti running.

Rather strange. My ASUS GeForce GTX 560 Ti DirectCu II Top worked oob (also during ML installation). If I install drivers with MB then it will not work (no boot).

--JRII

Hello all,

Thank you all

I have a similar setup. I had the same problem as you at first but when I booted the Unibeast USB with the PCIRootUID=0I had no problem installing ML with my GTX 560 Ti (MSI) hooked up. Didn't even need to run any drivers/kext for the GPU, actually broke my compatability when I tried once....

Link to my build were I have described the installation process further: http://www.tonymacx86.com/user-buil...k-ga-z77x-ud5h-16gb-ram-n560gtx-ti-448-a.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back