Contribute
Register

Enabling GTX 560 Ti in 10.8 ML

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would seem some are having issues with the 560Ti and others are not. I could not install ML without removing card, have tried just about every possible combination of PCIRootUID and npci and GE = yes or no, only issue I have is intermittent screen going black during cold start. Restarts are no problem, sleep works great. Only MB drivers were the non dsdt install, network and sound. Check out this thread:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/64505-mountain-lion-gtx-560ti-intermittently-wont-boot.html

I had not problems at all with the 560 ti. Just use PCIRootUID=0 until you have installed multibeast.

Yep i have been running gtx 550ti since 3 weeks now and there hasnt been any problems..... 2 things dont work sleep/wake and usb 3 apart from those everything works excellently.

What exactly do you mean by thisJust use PCIRootUID=0 I just finished my first hackintosh. I started it up with black screen, I just unplugged by 560 ti and used the internal graphics on my mobo to intall ML now i want to use my graphics card. Do i just install use multibeast?

Hello all,

I was able to get ML installed an running, but was only able to use the integrated HD4000 GPU. When I tried to install the "driver"/kext using multibeast for my discrete GPU (GTX 560 Ti), the ML install would no longer work with either the HD4000 nor the GTX 560ti...can anyone help me through configuring my machine properly for the GTX 560 Ti? I had to reinstall ML again because of this...

Thank you all

And you are sure you have plain Ti not Ti 448? They are different! Ti works oob, Ti 448 requires OpenCL enabler (you will find this in the latest MB for ML).
--JRII

I'm trying to play a pretty basic Counter strike on a new hackintosh It worked great yesterday but now it keeps crashing
I'm running GA-z77x-up5th
GTX-560ti

Process: csgo_osx [248]
Path: /Users/USER/Library/Application Support/Steam/*/csgo_osx
Identifier: csgo_osx
Version: ???
Code Type: X86 (Native)
Parent Process: bash [245]
User ID: 501

I've seen the fixes for 10.7 But i'm running 10.8

Any advice?
View attachment Untitled.tiffView attachment Untitled1.tiff

Attachments

• Untitled2.tiff
    732.8 KB · Views: 267
What exactly do you mean by thisJust use PCIRootUID=0 I just finished my first hackintosh. I started it up with black screen, I just unplugged by 560 ti and used the internal graphics on my mobo to intall ML now i want to use my graphics card. Do i just install use multibeast?

At the screen unibeast before you install just start typing this PCIRootUID=0 also the input on the screen itself threw me for a little loop.

with that said many people including me are having trouble with this card.

Rather strange. My ASUS GeForce GTX 560 Ti DirectCu II Top worked oob (also during ML installation). If I install drivers with MB then it will not work (no boot).

--JRII

Hey, I've just ordered this graphics card along with the rest of the components for the customac, can you confirm this will work with dual monitors?
Thanks

At the screen unibeast before you install just start typing this PCIRootUID=0 also the input on the screen itself threw me for a little loop.

with that said many people including me are having trouble with this card.

well at end of this story. is there a way to work with this card? i have try PCIRootUID=0/1 or other things but i have not resolve

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back