Contribute
Register

Enabling Bluetooth for P8P67 * boards and BT-211

Status
Not open for further replies.
Downloading Ubuntu, will post results later

drcrack said:
UPDATE Aug 17, 2011: Note that Apple Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad are NOT WORKING with this fix (they freeze constantly, e.g. trackpad freezes on 4-finger swipe). If they happen to work with your setup, please report in this thread.
On the other hand, some other devices, including wireless keyboard, audio and phones has been reported to work ok. If you own Magic Mouse or Apple Trackpad, just buy Rocketfish Micro Bluetooth USB Adapter (RF-MRBTAD) that is confirmed to work.

UPDATE Jul 21, 2001: Confirmed to work with 10.7 Lion

UPDATE Apr 28, 2011: Firmware extracted from Windows drivers is available (see below in this post).

SYNOPSIS

This is a binary package to enable bluetooth on P8P67 boards and ASUS BT-211 usb dongles (sources are available below in this thread).

INSTALLATION

1) Download
2) Run terminal and change dir to your Downloads directory:

cd ~/Downloads

(No, you can't just click "install" script in Finder -- it requires to be run with sudo. If you click it, it will just exit.)

3) Unpack

tar zxf ath3k-firmware-uploader.tgz

4) Go to unpacked directory

cd ath3k-firmware-uploader

5) Install (will require admin rights)

sudo ./install

6) Shutdown, do power-off, power-on, and enjoy native bluetooth right from the start

This package installs to /Extra/ath3k-firmware-uploader, also it installs launchctl config to /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/local.ath3k-firmware-uploader.plist and registers it with launchctl.

Feedback and testing on other P8P67 modifications (Pro, Deluxe) is welcome. :)

FIRMWARE REVISIONS

The package has 2010-12-13 firmware revision from Linux, if it will ever be updated, it can be found here:
http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux%2Fkernel ... it&s=ath3k
(note that ath3k-2.fw is obsolete).

Also, ajg0r has reported that firmware extracted from Windows drivers (probably more recent) works better for him. You can download his package here:
viewtopic.php?p=118270#p118270
You can install one on top of another, and the last one installed will be used. Please note that you need cold reboot (switch off/on at PSU) in order for new firmware to be uploaded.

Is It possible to adapt this so I can use this with any one from the list below: -

vendor: 03f0 ("Hewlett-Packard"), product: 311d ("Atheros AR9285 Malbec Bluetooth Adapter")
vendor: 0489 ("Foxconn / Hon Hai"), product: e02c ("Atheros AR5BBU12 Bluetooth Device")
vendor: 0930 ("Toshiba Corp."), product: 0215
vendor: 0cf3 ("Atheros Communications, Inc."), product: 3000 ("AR3011 Bluetooth (no firmware)")
vendor: 0cf3 ("Atheros Communications, Inc."), product: 3002
vendor: 0cf3 ("Atheros Communications, Inc."), product: 3004
vendor: 13d3 ("IMC Networks"), product: 3304

Kind Regards,
Ash

ashp said:
Is It possible to adapt this so I can use this with any one from the list below: -

vendor: 0cf3 ("Atheros Communications, Inc."), product: 3000 ("AR3011 Bluetooth (no firmware)")
vendor: 0cf3 ("Atheros Communications, Inc."), product: 3002
vendor: 0cf3 ("Atheros Communications, Inc."), product: 3004
vendor: 13d3 ("IMC Networks"), product: 3304

Please read the last 2-3 pages of the thread -- we've just been recently having conversation on how to get work this device (I believe it's the same device).

I have used the guide in the first post and I can see the onboard Bluetooth appeared however when trying to pair with magic mouse and trackpad, it finds them but after the connection is established to those devices I have a message in the bluetooth window about a failure to pair due to incompatibility. Does this mean I need to buy a BT Dongle? If so, will ASUS BT 211 work? Should I do anything after I plug in such dongle??

Got mouse and trackpad connected via onboard bluetooth, but when using gestures on trackpad (2 and more fingers movement), trackpad freezes. Is there any solution???

jonnik said:
Got mouse and trackpad connected via onboard bluetooth, but when using gestures on trackpad (2 and more fingers movement), trackpad freezes. Is there any solution???

No, there is not. Go buy Rocketfish dongle, as mentioned in the 1st post. I wouldn't recommend buying BT-211, as it's on the same chipset, and it will need the same fix. Also, this fix won't enable bluetooth after sleep/hibernate, though Rocketfish should work with sleep mode as well.

I can't launch my bluetooth on Lion 10.7.3
Make all how in 1st post on a 1st page. Install successful complete. But my bluetooth doesn't work after reboot.
Help me please.

Attachments

• 1.tiff
    75.2 KB · Views: 274
Lunix38-38 said:
I can't launch my bluetooth on Lion 10.7.3
Make all how in 1st post on a 1st page. Install successful complete. But my bluetooth doesn't work after reboot.
Help me please.

What is your motherboard?

Pegatron A15 Series Notebook.

My bluetooth made on a base of AR3011. Under Windows 7 I installed drivers for 3011.
May be in .fw-file includes id's of devices?

Lunix38-38 said:
Pegatron A15 Series Notebook.

My bluetooth made on a base of AR3011. Under Windows 7 I installed drivers for 3011.
May be in .fw-file includes id's of devices?

Don't know. Does it work in MacOS after booting Windows 7 first?
I think you should start with obtaining your VID and PID and reading last few pages of this topic about efforts on making this work on hardware other than P8P67 and BT-211.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back