Contribute
Register

Enabling Bluetooth for P8P67 * boards and BT-211

Status
Not open for further replies.
No luck.
"Unable to claim interface", and no difference is it cold boot and unrecognized BT, or restart from Windows with recognized and working BT.

It would be great at least to make BT stay working after sleep, I don't restart to often, but after sleep, BT icon is crosse? and BT doesn't work.

I think the problem that my BT is not a USB as it seems to be. It's located on the same Dell Wireless 1702 and I think that it's connected through miniPCIe.

macsimum said:
No luck.
"Unable to claim interface", and no difference is it cold boot and unrecognized BT, or restart from Windows with recognized and working BT.

You mean it's 3002 regardless of cold boot?

It would be great at least to make BT stay working after sleep, I don't restart to often, but after sleep, BT icon is crossed and BT doesn't work.

I have no idea how to do that :(
Does it get initialized from Linux? You can try Ubuntu from VMWare Fusion (see my experiments at the very beginning of this thread).
If Linux can handle this, in theory we can also port the initialization code to Mac OS. If not, a USB sniffer to intercept initialization commands from windows looks like the only option.

I think the problem that my BT is not a USB as it seems to be. It's located on the same Dell Wireless 1702 and I think that it's connected through miniPCIe.

I'm not a hardware guy, but if Mac OS sees it as USB, then it should be USB (at least, it responds to USB commands). I think, MiniPCIe board can have it's own USB controller (or in a simpler way).

drcrack said:
You mean it's 3002 regardless of cold boot?
Yes, always 3002.
I have no idea how to do that :(
Does it get initialized from Linux? You can try Ubuntu from VMWare Fusion (see my experiments at the very beginning of this thread).
If Linux can handle this, in theory we can also port the initialization code to Mac OS. If not, a USB sniffer to intercept initialization commands from windows looks like the only option.
I'll try and post results here.
I'm not a hardware guy, but if Mac OS sees it as USB, then it should be USB (at least, it responds to USB commands). I think, MiniPCIe board can have it's own USB controller (or in a simpler way).
Just a thought. I'll post later - after trying linux.

robwoodward said:
Ok I feel really dumb but I cannot get "sudo ./install" to work. after I enter my password it just says "./install : command not found. What am I doing wrong?
you need to cd to the directory where your patch is located.

macsimum said:
robwoodward said:
Ok I feel really dumb but I cannot get "sudo ./install" to work. after I enter my password it just says "./install : command not found. What am I doing wrong?
you need to cd to the directory where your patch is located.

Pretty sure I am:

robs-mac-pro:ath3k-firmware-uploader Rob$ ls
ath3k-1.fw install
ath3k-firmware-uploader local.ath3k-firmware-uploader.plist
robs-mac-pro:ath3k-firmware-uploader Rob$ sudo ./install
Password:
sudo: ./install: command not found

Any other ideas?

robwoodward said:
sudo: ./install: command not found

Any other ideas?

Maybe this will help:

chmod +x ./install

then
sudo ./install

I've found that starting Windows through parallels powers bluetooth on and after exiting parallels it still works. It still stops working after going to sleep but I can wake windows in parallels BT will work again. How can we get commands that windows uses to power the BT on?

How about Linux?
If Linux also can power it on from Parallels, then we can port the source code from Linux to MacOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back