Contribute
Register

Enabling Bluetooth for P8P67 * boards and BT-211

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured out just now that this is for hacko tosh.

The thing is that i have a macbook pro with a working bluetooth card but dead port on motherboard, so i came across one of the bt211 dongle, is there any way to your knowledge that i will be able to use i with a macbook?

Or should i just buy another dongle, i am trying to use magic trakpad and wireless keyboar??

Only to Thanksgiving Drcrack and his helpful post on asus Bt211 dongle.

I've mistaking ordered an BT211 V.2.1 who in the bluethoot list on the forum was labeled NOT WORKING.

With yours tutorial and kext package, the dongle have total feauteres!!!

On mine ZX68P-UD3 He give me the total use og magic mouse and apple Keyboard!!!

Bobberman said:
Only to Thanksgiving Drcrack and his helpful post on asus Bt211 dongle.

I've mistaking ordered an BT211 V.2.1 who in the bluethoot list on the forum was labeled NOT WORKING.

With yours tutorial and kext package, the dongle have total feauteres!!!

On mine ZX68P-UD3 He give me the total use og magic mouse and apple Keyboard!!!

Did you try 3-finger swipe with magic mouse?

Thanks Drcrack, this worked fine on an Asus p8z68-v-pro-gen3

yours, pipco

pipco said:
Thanks Drcrack, this worked fine on an Asus p8z68-v-pro-gen3

As i always do, may I ask you if you are using Apple Trackpad or Magic Mouse and whether 3-finger swipes work?

No sorry mate, i'm not using either,

i'm using a Logitech MX Revolution perfomance mouse, every button works as it should both in SL and Lion (all the buttons are assignable and work with either expose' or mission control),
this mouse is perfect for OSX, with 10 assignable buttons, the left thumb wheel = 3 which is great for expose' assigned to 'all windows, desktop and applications window,
the quick search button can be assigned to the finder, spotlight or google and
i use the top scroll wheel left click to go to zoom, you get the gist,

thanks again for your help

pipco

I have Dell Vostro 3350 with the same Atheros 3011 BT built in a DELL Wireless 1702 Card with AR9285 WiFi, BT work after booting to windows and restart, but stops working after sleep/restart/shutdown.

I want to try your method but I have another dev and vendor id's.

?????????? Bluetooth USB:

ID device: 0x3002
ID vendor: 0x0cf3 (Atheros Communications, Inc.)
??????: 0,01
????????: ?? 12 ????/?
ID ??????????: 0x1a140000 / 3
?????????????? ??? (??): 500
????????? ??? (??): 100

Can somebody edit the sources and make a build for my ID's? The same are on a large amount of new laptops/netboks and nettops.
Or at least give me a hint how and where can I make all needed changes myself?

As far as I remember (now I don't use Atheros3k any more), PID 0x3002 corresponds to working state of the dongle (so my should be also 3002 after the firmware is uploaded), while in the state where it waits for firmware upload, it has PID=3000. That's for my device. If for your device uploader doesn't work, then it has different PID in firmware uploading state, or uploading procedure differs from my device.
You can find out what VID & PID it has by running in terminal the following command (on clean boot, w/o running Windows first):

system_profiler SPUSBDataType

In Linux kernel I see 0x3002, 0x311D, 0x3004, 0xE02C, but for some of them there's different initialization procedure.

I modified the uploader so you can try different PIDs instead of the default 3000.
So after you find out your PID, instead of rebooting your hac, run from the terminal:

cd ath3k-firmware-uploader-dist
./ath3k-firmware-uploader 3002

(or whatever PID you'll find instead of 3002).

Also, the archive contains the source code, so if you like to hack it around and compile, you'll need XCode from Apple and libusb. The easiest way to get the latter is installing it through macports (which requires its own installation). Assuming you have macports, run the following:

sudo port install libusb

However, to simply try different PIDs you don't have to recompile it.
Hope this will help.

Attachments

• ath3k-firmware-uploader.tgz
    190.3 KB · Views: 290
Thanks! I'll try it.

Your terminal command gives me

Bluetooth USB Host Controller:

Product ID: 0x3002
Vendor ID: 0x0cf3 (Atheros Communications, Inc.)
Version: 0,01
Speed: Up to 12 Mb/sec
Location ID: 0x1a140000 / 3
Current Available (mA): 500
Current Required (mA): 100

macsimum said:
Thanks! I'll try it.

Your terminal command gives me
Product ID: 0x3002

You sure it's after clean boot, so BT is not detected with Mac OS X? Please be sure to turn your laptop completely off (with desktop it requires unplugging it, or turning switch on PSU).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back