Register

Enabling Bluetooth for P8P67 * boards and BT-211

Status
Not open for further replies.
colinpaterson said:
p8z68-v pro ... works like a charm

ta

imacXme said:
installed and activated my bluetooth on P8P67 mb. just wanted to say Thanks! :cool:

Have you guys tested it with Magic Trackpad or Magic Mouse?
What OS X version do you use?

don't own either. installed on 10.7.1 updated to 10.7.2.

I rarely use bluetooth on my computer, but nevertheless i installed this package to have it working when needed.

Last week I needed bluetooth when I was in Windows 7, so I installed the latest driver from Atheros I found (v7.4.0.90), and in windows it works just fine, my Android pairs successfully, file and audio connections works just fine (Audio playback from the mobile goes to PC speakers)...

but from Mac it is not working anymore: the bluetooth is detected successfully, it even pairs the device successfully, but the only available service is file transfer, but it doesn't work, always goes in a timeout :(

I notices, that on a cold boot the log says uploading firmware................ upload failed. but later mac detects the bluetooth device, and normal warm boots say AR3011 not found.

I tried also first cold booting into windows, then warm booting into mac, but no way.

I tried also extracting the fw (ath3k-1.bin) from the new windows driver (attached below) and replaced the one in the ath3k Extra folder, still same result, on cold boot it starts uploading then fails (code -1), Mac sees the device correctly, can pair, but no file transfer.

Attachments

• ath3k-1.fw.zip
    162.8 KB · Views: 132
Thank you very much, ajg0r for the easy to use package with the updated firmware. wireless mouse and keyboard support was the last thing i needed for the mac pro experience on my p8p67 pro based hackintosh. Having the additional gestural support via the magic mouse, and the work freedom of the wireless keyboard, if i hid the tower, someone could easily think i've got a not-yet-released mac pro under the desk.

Thanks again!

I can't understood.
Sometimes only two fingers work great but if more fingers on the trackpad no support at all for some moment, sometimes work 4-5 fingers but with crazy lagging.

kishunv said:
I can't understood.
Sometimes only two fingers work great but if more fingers on the trackpad no support at all for some moment, sometimes work 4-5 fingers but with crazy lagging.

It's a known bug. If you're using 10.6, try upgrade to 10.7.2, because the only 1 or 2 success reports with magic mouse/trackpad with this patch come from people using Lion.
If this doesn't help, just buy Rocketfish dongle, as specified in the head topic.

drcrack said:
UPDATE Aug 17, 2011: Note that Apple Magic Mouse and Magic Trackpad are NOT WORKING with this fix (they freeze constantly, e.g. trackpad freezes on 4-finger swipe). If they happen to work with your setup, please report in this thread.
On the other hand, some other devices, including wireless keyboard, audio and phones has been reported to work ok. If you own Magic Mouse or Apple Trackpad, just buy Rocketfish Micro Bluetooth USB Adapter (RF-MRBTAD) that is confirmed to work.

So this patch was working perfectly for me in 10.6. When I updated to 10.7.2 I went ahead and installed this patch again without reading the most recent posts stating the apple keyboard and trackpad don't work properly. I've now purchased a rocketfish bluetooth adapter. How to I get it to work instead of the onboard bluetooth?

just wanted to let you know that it works for me on a Asus P8P67 rev 3.1 board with firmware number 2001. big thanks drcrack!!

Is anyone still working on this and Lion? I can get this to pair with my Android phone but I cannot browse the files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back