Contribute
Register

Enabling Bluetooth for P8P67 * boards and BT-211

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueking said:
Hey guys, we 4530s users are trying to make this work for us. We are close, we are getting this: Unable to claim interface.

That is caused by this. Can we fix this?

Code:
if (libusb_claim_interface(devh, 0) < 0)
      error("Unable to claim interface");
I get this error too, when i try to upload firmware for my 3002 adapter.

BLooD_LorD said:
blueking said:
Hey guys, we 4530s users are trying to make this work for us. We are close, we are getting this: Unable to claim interface.

Code:

I think you need to recompile it with debug info and see in debugger what is the return code. Maybe it's specific to libusb under Mac OS, then possibly it can be rewritten using Mac OS native usb api.
Sorry, I'm not interested in supporting this program anymore as it doesn't work well even for the device it was designed for, and myself I ended up buying Rocketfish dongle. Anyway, you have the source code)

drcrack said:
BLooD_LorD said:
blueking said:

Code:

I think you need to recompile it with debug info and see in debugger what is the return code. Maybe it's specific to libusb under Mac OS, then possibly it can be rewritten using Mac OS native usb api.
Sorry, I'm not interested in supporting this program anymore as it doesn't work well even for the device it was designed for, and myself I ended up buying Rocketfish dongle. Anyway, you have the source code)
Can u please exactly tell me what does this program do?It's uploading new firmware to the device? or it modifies system files?

BLooD_LorD said:
Can u please exactly tell me what does this program do?It's uploading new firmware to the device? or it modifies system files?

It's uploading firmware.
Please refer to page 1 of the thread to see what led to development of this program.

So I got the rocketfish bluetooth dongle and all works great, now just trying to decide if it was worth all the trouble for the track pad. :S

Ok, now a side question. warm booting into OSX from windows gets the bluetooth recognized because of flash memory... kk
Does this same idea apply to the network? Because for some reason when I soft boot into win7 after being in OSX I loose my network. The only way to get it back is to do a hard reboot. Anyone else have this issue, any ideas, or fixes? Thanx in advance, and sorry for the pseudo thread jack, just figured this may be sort of related.

drcrack

Thank you for sharing the source. It gave me nice insight into USB world.
I'm not programmer except some experience gain in college. I have some questions though.

1. My compiled binary comes as 10kB. Is it because is using shared libraries? If I share binary with other users, can this cause trouble because they don't have libraries on their system?

2. I would like to use different firmware on our HP 4530s which is based on AR3011 without unneccessary patching.
How can modify code to include something like this

Code:
devh=(libusb_open_with_vid_pid(NULL,0x0CF3,0x3005) || libusb_open_with_vid_pid(NULL,0x03F0,0x311D));

I need both VID/PID devices because on cold start it comes as 311D when flashed it changes to 3005 on the fly.
I tried to put || and parethesis in different places, order. enclosing whole block. Compiler always complain that something wrong.
Please advice :(

BigDonkey said:
drcrack
1. My compiled binary comes as 10kB. Is it because is using shared libraries? If I share binary with other users, can this cause trouble because they don't have libraries on their system?
Yes, better use static linking.

BigDonkey said:
2. I would like to use different firmware on our HP 4530s which is based on AR3011 without unneccessary patching.
How can modify code to include something like this

Code:
devh=(libusb_open_with_vid_pid(NULL,0x0CF3,0x3005) || libusb_open_with_vid_pid(NULL,0x03F0,0x311D));

I need both VID/PID devices because on cold start it comes as 311D when flashed it changes to 3005 on the fly.
I tried to put || and parethesis in different places, order. enclosing whole block. Compiler always complain that something wrong.
Please advice :(

But if it's already flashed, you don't need to do anything, right? So you can just use PID for cold boot. That's how I did it for my device.
If you really need that, you may do it like

Code:
devh= libusb_open_with_vid_pid(NULL,0x0CF3,0x3005);
if (devh < 0) 
  libusb_open_with_vid_pid(NULL,0x03F0,0x311D);

Thank you, I just got Rocketfish Micro Bluetooth USB Adaptor and my magic pad seems to be working well.
One thing I noticed and thought I should let you know is that three finger gestures seems to be working fine but if I select four finger gestures(i.e. launch Mission Control) it doesn't seem to work. There was no freezing or delay however. I am not sure if I am the only one that is experiencing this. For now I am just using three fingers and I am very happy that it is finally working. Thanks

drcrack said:
If you really need that, you may do it like

Code:
devh= libusb_open_with_vid_pid(NULL,0x0CF3,0x3005);
if (devh < 0) 
  libusb_open_with_vid_pid(NULL,0x03F0,0x311D);

thanks, that does it.

blueking said:
What are you all using to compile all of this?

prerequisite:
free Xcode from app store installed
latest http://www.macports.org/ release

and then install libsub-1.0
sudo port install libusb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back