Register

Enabling Bluetooth for P8P67 * boards and BT-211

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Solved] Enabling Bluetooth on P8P67 * boards

I get "Unable to find file ath3k-1.fw"

on 10.7.0. Its in the correct folder on /Extra

Any fix?

That's if I double click it. If I drag it into terminal, either with or without sudo, I get Atheros AR3011 not found

Note I am using a different card.

But that does use the same driver.

blueking said:

Any fix?

That's if I double click it. If I drag it into terminal, either with or without sudo, I get Atheros AR3011 not found

You should run Terminal, do "cd /Extra" and then run "./ath3k-firmware-uploader", not double-clicking.
If you have different card, it may have different PID and VID (you can look in System Profiler under USB) than in uploader (see its source code, linked from the header).

I just bought Magic Trackpad and can verify that it reproducibly freezes after doing 4-finger swipe.
As I don't see a further way to fix the uploader, I'm giving up and ordering Rocketfish dongle.
Also I think that topic name "[Solved] Enabling Bluetooth on P8P67 * boards" is misleading, so I will change it to something more appropriate.

Still, this fix may work for you, the success stories include connecting keyboard, headphones and phone. But for Magic Mouse / Magic Trackpad, most likely, it won't work.

drcrack said:
blueking said:

Any fix?

You should run Terminal, do "cd /Extra" and then run "./ath3k-firmware-uploader", not double-clicking.
If you have different card, it may have different PID and VID (you can look in System Profiler under USB) than in uploader (see its source code, linked from the header).
How do you compile source code?

Could you be more specific please? The general discussion of usage and installation of developer tools on Mac are out of scope of this thread.
However, you will need to install libusb and also may need to edit Makefile appropriately.

Why do you want to recompile?

drcrack said:

Could you be more specific please? The general discussion of usage and installation of developer tools on Mac are out of scope of this thread.
However, you will need to install libusb and also may need to edit Makefile appropriately.

Why do you want to recompile?

I am trying to use this script for pro book 4530 which has same built-in bluetooth chip. But this have different Ids than yours. So I have insert corrects ids and I need to recompile them.
Or perhaps can you do it for me?
Thanks

Attachments

• p8p67-bluetooth-enabler.zip
    166 KB · Views: 140

geejay said:
ubaid88 said:
I am trying to use this script for pro book 4530 which has same built-in bluetooth chip. But this have different Ids than yours. So I have insert corrects ids and I need to recompile them.
Or perhaps can you do it for me?
Thanks

I tried the same and failed so far. As I am lazy I used a hex editor. The two IDs occur only once in the source code, so only two places to patch.

You can use hexfiend. The vendor and product ID are one line 5040 if I recall correctly. You can search for the IDs. Reverse the order of bytes to search.

Read also my post here
viewtopic.php?f=170&t=28214&p=190095#p190095
Do you have a DSDT?

When I run the firmware uploader from extra, it says "Atheros AR3011 not found"

What should I do? I have a card that uses this firmware, but it isn't that card.

:D thank you the driver works great for apple wireless keyboard on os x 10.7.1 lion.
ps. just make sure u do a cold reboot ( turn of pc, then flip the power switch and wait 10 sec)

Hey guys, we 4530s users are trying to make this work for us. We are close, we are getting this: Unable to claim interface.

That is caused by this. Can we fix this?

Code:
if (libusb_claim_interface(devh, 0) < 0)
      error("Unable to claim interface");

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back