Contribute
Register

Enabling Bluetooth for P8P67 * boards and BT-211

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Enabling Bluetooth on P8P67 * boards

alexanderzhang said:
drcrack said:
I will later check Linux driver source if it has something for these VID and PID, but if I remember correctly Atheros driver only handles VID==0x0CF3.
I read the source code.But i have no idea. :?
My Wifi Card is Ar9002wb chip. So i got an ar9285 802.11 b/g/n and an Ar3011 Buletooth.

My bluetooth works after booting Windows first, but not work Under Mac Os at cold boot.
Thx for your reply

I checked the Linux kernel, and it doesn't seem to support device with either this VID or PID, at least in driver for Atheros-3011 (btw 0x0930 is vendor ID for Toshiba).

You may try start Linux first instead of Windows to see if it has driver for your device that can be ported to Mac OS. You may try it in VMWare Fusion or VirtualBox (it does the trick for my P8P67 built-in chip in VMWare Fusion, see my posts on the first 2 pages of this thread).

Re: [Solved] Enabling Bluetooth on P8P67 * boards

With the download on page 1, I can do simple 1 and 2 finger gestures. 3 or 4 finger gestures result in 1 minute freeze.

With the download on page 5 (V2) my Bluetooth adapter is not recognized. I have a ASUS BT-211.

I have ordered a 2.0 Trendnet - hopefully that works better.

Frank

Re: Enabling Bluetooth on P8P67 * boards

drcrack said:
Finally, here's a usable program to enable bluetooth on P8P67.

How to install:
1) Download
2) Run terminal and change dir to your Downloads directory:

cd ~/Downloads

3) Unpack

tar zxf ath3k-firmware-uploader.tgz

4) Go to unpacked directory

cd ath3k-firmware-uploader

5) Install (will require admin rights)

sudo ./install

6) Shutdown, do power-off, power-on, and enjoy native bluetooth right from the start :)

This package installs to /Extra/ath3k-firmware-uploader, also it installs launchctl config to /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/local.ath3k-firmware-uploader.plist and registers it with launchctl.

Feedback and testing on other P8P67 modifications (Pro, Deluxe) is welcome.

V2 worked beautifully on my rig with 10.7 Thanks for your efforts!

Can anyone please confirm if it works well with his MagicMouse? Many people (including myself) experience lags with it, while other devices (like Apple keyboard) work ok. I just want to know if it fully works with MagicMouse at least for some people, otherwise I'll put a note in the topic head that it's incompatible.

I have lag issues using the built in bluetooth on my Asus P8P67 Pro motherboard. I ended up just getting a usb bluetooth adapter and it solved all my problems. Just FYI.

Just wanted to say thank you for this fix, worked perfectly with my Asus BT211 on 10.6.8. Went from not even being recognized to being able to connect my Logitech PS3 keyboard perfectly with no perceivable lag for keyboard or pointing pad!

EDIT: I can now confirm I have it working on Lion as well. I had to completely start from scratch but doing the install from the beginning worked the same as in Snow Leopard!

mole1 said:
ajg0r said:
Here is a collection of Atheros AR3011 firmware files if somebody wants to experiment.
Thanks ajg0r for your upload. Unfortunately I'm not able to decompress the .bin files, not with Stuffit Expander or mount it with Toast Titanium (gives me a "Basement Jaxx" CD o_O ). I'd like to install the .75 fw cause I too have lags with the Magic Mouse with the fw that comes with V2. So could you please upload the files as .fw and zip them?
Or am I :banghead: and I just need to rename the files from .bin to .fw?

By the way: Running Lion I have to manually submit the uploader to the launchctl, otherwise there's no reference in the launchctl.conf (and no fw is uploaded after restart).

(Asus BT211 on MacPro with Lion)

You don't have to decompress the bin files. Just replace your old installed bin/fw file with a file from this collection (the fw file names must be the same), check permissions, and power off your computer, wait 10-15 seconds and power it on. If you just do a restart the old firmware will not be replaced on the BT device. Either V1 or V2 install will do.

Not every reboot mind you, but seemingly randomly, my bluetooth is disabled. I have to run the process again. Does anyone have a longer lasting fix?

I bought the BT211, installed the firmware from Windows the dongle was recognized and it paired with my magic trackpad. However it freezes from time to time and I have no support for anything above 2 finger inputs. I then installed V2 firmware pack thing, rebooted and it still freezes. I did notice that if I place more than 2 fingers on the trackpad, it freezes immidiately.

I have already ordered another dongle, an RF-FLBTAD. I hope that a similar issue doesn't occur with the new dongle and I hope that it accepts more than two inputs.

When I go to Launchdaemons I don't see anything in that folder. What did I do wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back