Contribute
Register

Enabling Bluetooth for P8P67 * boards and BT-211

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [Solved] Enabling Bluetooth on P8P67 * boards

One more note: When I cold boot, Bluetooth can see other BT devices, but cannot connect to them. Pairing fails. Also, when it stopped working yesterday, restarts didn't help.

So I have a few things going on. I used Andy's installer that had the bluetooth fix in it, which I didn't realize, but it didn't work for me. I am now getting *some* BT heartbeat with the $2 USB BT.

Anyone with some ideas for me?

Great work!! :D
But I found a problem, would anyone can help me?
The problem is I can't close or open the bluetooth, please find the screenshot
???? 2011-05-10 ??11.38.17.png
and the chipset is MCP79, the combo card is AR9002WB-1NGB, the wifi part is AR9285, bluetooth part is AR3011.

I reied to add the Pid and Vid to the IOBluetoothFamily.kext-AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext, but doesn't work

please give me a hand, thanks a lot

Attachments

• ???? 2011-05-10 ??11.38.17.png
    ???? 2011-05-10 ??11.38.17.png
    15.2 KB · Views: 318

coLATin said:

? BIOS ???

i found that the bluetooth that comes with the p8p67 PRO does not like the magic mouse. kept on freezing no matter what driver was used. Found the Belkin F8T016 works out of box and magic mouse loves it.

I am about to do an install of this board and am curious if anyone has problems with the trackpad vs the mouse. Seems like keyboard is fine and havent seen anything on the trackpad.

Running the Magic Mouse, Magic Trackpad, and Wireless Keyboard all on the D-Link DBT-122 which can be had here for $10 free shipping to Cont US: ttp://cgi.ebay.com/D-Link-DBT-122-DBT-1 ... _919wt_936

I can confirm there is no lag or anything even with an iPhone nearby and a wireless adapter (2.4GHz).

The onboard bluetooth is quirky with the Magic Mouse...it always lags out and loses connection. However it is fine with the Keyboard, but not so much the Trackpad.

My Magic Mouse was a bit laggy the one time I got it to work.

It's a great mouse and I love the scrolling. If someone can tell me what I can try to get BT working, I'd be appreciative...

parkerdenison said:
coLATin said:

? BIOS ???
would you show me the detail? I didn't find the option

Here is a collection of Atheros AR3011 firmware files if somebody wants to experiment. Contrary to our expectations the current Asus bluetooth driver download is not the latest. That version is 6.4.1.61, while the Linux version in DrCrack's file is 6.4.1.80. Even Bluetooth diver for Asus BT211 (same chip, same firmware from asus.com) is newer: 6.4.1.75.

Please note that in Windows 7 64 the installer patches the firmware with 11 bytes (mainly Pid and Vid). An example is the firmware 6.4.1.75 which come from Asus BT211 dongle. I successfully installed that driver and firmware, and when compared to the untouched firmware file from the installation package there are those 11 bytes changed.

One interesting thing about AR3011 is that it supports two Bluetooth versions, V2.1+EDR and 3.0. I don't have any BT device with v3.0 capability, so I can't verify that we'll get v3.0 on our motherboards if we use a firmware that is meant for AR3011 v3.0 devices. I doubt that it's possible, since, for example, 6.4.1.21 is used in several devices that are either 2.1 or 3.0. Other v3.0 firmwares (that I didn't find on v2.1 devices) are 6.4.1.31, and 6.4.1.45.

drcrack said:
Why do you think so?
Vendor ID: 0x0cf3, Product ID: 0x3000 is reported before firmware is uploaded, but after uploading both Linux lsusb and System Profiler under USB tab show Vid=0b05 (ASUSTek Computer, Inc.), Pid=179c. Or is it just a USB hum it's connected to? How to know what Pid it has after firmware upload?

I meant that at this stage OSX should report the BT radio inside the Asus USB dongle, which is Atheros. Just as Cambridge (CSR) and Broadcom BT radios are correctly reported.

It looks like it would be possible to pull out the stock Asus BT dongle and replace it with one that has fewer issues. I haven't tried that yet, but it looks like the only thing holding it in place is that plastic cap.

Attachments

• Atheros AR3011 firmware collection.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 265
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back