Contribute
Register

Enabling Bluetooth for P8P67 * boards and BT-211

Status
Not open for further replies.
drcrack said:
hawkm said:
Oh, I thought I posted the line in that post. I did buy a Rocketfish dongle that is supposed to be compatible, but the mouse won't connect.

I personally use a the dongle recommended in the topic head without any problems. Did you disable your built-in bluetooth in bios?
Yes, I did. I deleted every bluetooth device that was connected before and after I disabled the built in one and still nothing. Again, it says that it connected, but the mouse still has a blinking light and will not pair correctly. I used the Mouse bluetooth connection tool and the regular bluetooth connection tool. And yes I did swap out the batteries with brand new ones.

hawkm said:
drcrack said:
hawkm said:
Oh, I thought I posted the line in that post. I did buy a Rocketfish dongle that is supposed to be compatible, but the mouse won't connect.

I personally use a the dongle recommended in the topic head without any problems. Did you disable your built-in bluetooth in bios?
Yes, I did. I deleted every bluetooth device that was connected before and after I disabled the built in one and still nothing. Again, it says that it connected, but the mouse still has a blinking light and will not pair correctly. I used the Mouse bluetooth connection tool and the regular bluetooth connection tool. And yes I did swap out the batteries with brand new ones.

I have the same problem. Still looking for a solution :(

This is confirmed working for Mountain Lion... Just installed and works like a charm...

I can also confirm that this works on Mountain Lion.
Used this to enable my Trust 17772 USB dongle. Worked instantly!

Using this dongle with the Apple Wireless Keyboard and the Magic Mouse.
Both work fine, haven't had a single issue!

Edit: As noted in the first post, my Magic Mouse isn't stable. It freezes every now and then and has to be reconnected.

Hi

Thanks for great idea to make built-in bluetooth works. I tried this with my Zotac H77ITX-A-E (Mountain Lion). And it works. Well kind of.

I first installed VMware fusion, and install bluetooth driver that download from Zotac. And get firmware from it.

So I installed program, replace firmware with downloaded one. And code restart the machine. And it works immediately. Great! Both wireless keyboard and magic mouse looks working.

Now, I would like to try sleep, wakeup. But just after I put my HackMini into sleep, it wakeup immediately. And log said: WirelessController wake it up. If I turn off both mouse and keyboard, it sleep well.

So looks like bluetooth keyboard and mouse keep wake system up. Anybody have any suggestion on this?

Thanks

Noodle

Re: drcrack's original post April 26th, 2011, 07:04 AM with attached bluetooth driver: ath3k-firmware-uploader.tgz

Looks like we're coming full circle here. I noted 24 pages of responses to your (drcrack) first post in April 2011 with install instructions for the Anthros bluetooth driver. That said, I followed the instructions and had a successful bluetooth install on two OSX 10.7.5 drives in less than 30 minutes. What is interesting is that I have multiple "test" OSX partitions on the two drives mentioned. Install as described on the any running boot partition activated bluetooth on EVERY boot partition on that particular drive (including VMWare Win 7)! Frankly, I was surprised by that. While I don't have Apple bluetooth devices, I have other bluetooth devices that are connecting readily (ie: phone, etc.). My P8P67 Pro B3 board "built in" is working very well for me and finding every nearby bluetooth connection. I'm using a wireless Logitech keyboard & mouse (no Apple stuff). I was surprised how easy this was.

This is my terminal install. Its exactly what drcrack wrote back in 2011. Worked like a charm! Thanks.
Mac-Pro:~ tdy1$ cd ~/Downloads
Mac-Pro: Downloads tdy1$ tar zxf ath3k-firmware-uploader.tgz
Mac-Pro: Downloads tdy1$ cd ath3k-firmware-uploader
Mac-Pro:ath3k-firmware-uploader tdy1$ sudo ./install
Password:
Mac-Pro: ath3k-firmware-uploader tdy1$
Last login: Mon Dec 31 00:17:58 on console
Mac-Pro:ath3k-firmware-uploader tdy1$

Note: I initially missed the attached driver on drcrack's original post #1 and installed a downloaded version with the same name. I am assuming it was the same version. Worked.

I just got an ASUS BT211 dongle bought on Amazon, to replace my noname dongle that works perfectly for my Magic Trackpad (although it can't wake from sleep). The only reason I tried to replace it is because I recently added to my stereo a Logitech Wireless Speaker. And this made me realise my BT dongle could hardly reach it when plugged in one of the rear USB connector of my hack. So I had to have it plugged on one of the top-front USB connector, and even like this I have some freeze when I play music...

Unfortunately, I can't manage to make this ASUS BT211 to work at all. Does anyone here have one running at this time and could give me any advice.
Otherwise, I will still keep looking for a BT USB dongle that can work further than 7 feet...:crazy:

Hi

Thanks for great idea to make built-in bluetooth works. I tried this with my Zotac H77ITX-A-E (Mountain Lion). And it works. Well kind of.

I first installed VMware fusion, and install bluetooth driver that download from Zotac. And get firmware from it.

So I installed program, replace firmware with downloaded one. And code restart the machine. And it works immediately. Great! Both wireless keyboard and magic mouse looks working.

Now, I would like to try sleep, wakeup. But just after I put my HackMini into sleep, it wakeup immediately. And log said: WirelessController wake it up. If I turn off both mouse and keyboard, it sleep well.

So looks like bluetooth keyboard and mouse keep wake system up. Anybody have any suggestion on this?

Thanks

Noodle

Please could you post zotacs firmware, i have the same mb but no windows to install the drivers.

Thanks a lot!

How would one go about extracting the firmware from a Windows 8 install? I'd be curious to see if it's changed.

Took seconds to implement following the instructions and now the onboard bluetooth started working on my p8p67 in yosemite. I now have the apple wireless keyboard and also magic trackpad (!!!!!!!) working with all gestures. Amazing. It's the small things like having the trackpad which really make having a hackintosh worth it.

Thanks a heap to the thread creator and coders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back